Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I didn't get into basketball until relatively late in Kobe's career, but he was always must-watch TV. I remember when he went a streak of 40-point games around 2012 or so, where every shot he hit was like a contested mid-range jumper. You could really tell how hard he worked at his game, and everyone respected that, even if you didn't like him personally. He was such an icon that we watched his final game instead of the Warriors going for the wins record. It was the right choice. He was so much fun to watch. RIP Kobe.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:27 AM, BoxOfficeZ said:

Been keeping an eye on the news about the Wuhan virus, and I have a feeling it's not going to die down anytime soon. They've locked down something like 9 cities now, but who knows how long the incubation time is and travelers might be unaware of carrying it. 

Traveling to Thailand and Vietnam next month with a layover in Hong Kong 🙃

Reading about this recent tragedy really struck me, even as someone who is not into basketball. I really feel for all of Kobe's family right now and the family of the other passengers who were on the helicopter. I recently read that Kobe had a falling out with his mother and father; I hope they were on some speaking terms at least because this is gonna be especially hard for them as well, loosing both a son and grandchild on the same day 😩

• Like 1

I legit haven’t been able to stop crying since I found out about Kobe’s passing. One of my best friend’s passed away last April. Today was his birthday so me and a bunch of the guys planned a last minute get together to celebrate him. His favorite player ever was Kobe. Anytime the Lakers were in town, we would go to the game. From when we were kids. His dad used to take him and I. Then we got older obviously but still we made sure to go. He would be decked out in his Lakers hat and a Kobe jersey. Philly fans are ruthless typically but because Kobe was a “home town” kid, they were more forgiving. Back when we were younger and the sixers played the Lakers in the finals, we played a one on one game. I had my Iverson jersey on. He had his Kobe jersey. And we just had the best time together. Up until Kobe’s last game, we always bonded over watching him play. Had endless MJ vs Kobe debates which then became Lebron vs Kobe debates. I can keep going on and on about all the Kobe memories we had but fuck man this shit hurts. It feels like I lost my best friend all over again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 12