Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

Since it's not worth poisoning the Parasite thread with anything from this blatant racist ("Let's get Gone with the Wind back, please?") and it's not entirely politics either, let's bow to these legends here instead.

Wondering what message he got from Sunset Blvd, probably not the one it was sending...

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

You are going to have that anyway, seems to be in the genes of internet fandom.

If the mods totally eliminate all differences of opinion, this website will die because it will become incredibly boring. 

And I find most fansites boring because the mods carefully eliminate any difference of opinion.

You have two types of Mods really.

1, Who like to post and have some fun and get involved when needed.

2, People who go on a power trip and use it to push an agenda. 

4 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

You have two types of Mods really.

1, Who like to post and have some fun and get involved when needed.

2, People who go on a power trip and use it to push an agenda. 

I wish we had a third:Mods who voluntarily more or less recuse themselves from arguments so they can approach their duties without bias.

We need to convince Tele to come back. The moderation was a lot better when he was in charge.

One problem is there seems to be little cooridination or set of guidelines for the borderline cases;each mod is off doing his own thing.

I find it appaling that mods here get into yelling matches with user. That totally wrecks their creditbility.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, JB33 said:

The consequences of not having tolerance for different voices. Not just talking about the mods, they do the best they can here, but each other as well. With zero tolerance, you're just going to have bickering matches all day, every day, trying to prove that you are right and the other is wrong.

Disagree.

Remember what you have been tought/brainwashed/enginneered to think.

The Clergy is ALWAYS right.

In the heads of the members of the Clergy there is no argument to have since there is ONE truth, one way to see the world and people.

Don't be silly.

Consume,submit & obey.

23 hours ago, filmlover said:

Since it's not worth poisoning the Parasite thread with anything from this blatant racist ("Let's get Gone with the Wind back, please?") and it's not entirely politics either, let's bow to these legends here instead.

Only a 70 yo lifespan can give you that kind of wiseness.

Truths are nor polite or kind.

They just are.

And you have to face them.

After mulling it over however long since  the news came out, I'm still not a fan of the proposed NFL changes.  I just think the negatives outweigh the positives

But we all knew they were going to get more games no matter what.

Hopefully it works out for the best

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

Hopefully this is much better than Julia and Armie's previous collaboration.

Also:

@TMP

So HBO didn’t want to compete with themselves (Succession). Could see it winning Limited Series but now it can’t get nominations for guest star, which felt like possible noms for Jovan Adepo and Hong Chau

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

I just realized how much stuff is coming out on March 13th....like good luck, I can absolutely see Hunt beating everyone else.

Not too long ago the date had nothing on it. It seems to be where every studio is dropping something when they don't know where else to put it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

I just realized how much stuff is coming out on March 13th....like good luck, I can absolutely see Hunt beating everyone else.

None of them are gonna do very well tbh. Even if Trump tweets about The Hunt (doubt it given the news cycle is preoccupied with everything else going on right now), no one's gonna care given how long ago the movie being shelved was.