Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Ali was only considered the greatest because of everything he did outside the ring. Fury is doing the same by raising awareness on mental health. He's pretty much locked for sports personality of the year.

Put them both in a ring during their primes and it wouldn't be fair. Fury is 6 inches taller and fights 4 stone heavier. Its likely that Ali today would be a cruiserweight, not a heavyweight.

Fury He spent his career being underestimated only to toy with Klitschko who is one of the greats. Its not even like he struggled. He then fell into depression with drugs only to announce his return, lose 10 stone, be denied victory for the greatest comeback fight in decades (american judges for you) then returns and knocks out an actual knockout artist. It was a complete one sided domination and a big 'fuck you' to american corruption within the sport. The guy has been an entertainer in the most humble way.

If he deals with AJ as swiftly as he has everyone else then it really cant be denied that he's the greatest heavyweight theres been. Ali lost 5 of his fights and struggled against taller opponents. Fury would simply have been too much for him.

As for old school fighters, like all greats they are only truly recognised as GOAT's long after their time. There's more science and skill in boxing today rather than old school rocky like fights.  20 years from now if Fury keeps this up he will be hailed as the GOAT. 

Regardless Fury's is a true underdog story and i'll expect their to be movies about him in the future

5 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

It's not called "A Marriage Story" dummy.

Checkmate NDT

Why am i getting points for posting about boxing in this thread? I was told to either post here or create a thread and now ive had more warning points? Whats the deal?

Edited by Ninenin

4 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

Why am i getting points for posting about boxing in this thread? I was told to either post here or create a thread and now ive had more warning points? Whats the deal?

You posted in the Mulan thread about Tyson Fury, even though we told you to post in this thread, or in the boxing thread in the sports section. Why would you post in the Mulan thread?

15 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

You posted in the Mulan thread about Tyson Fury, even though we told you to post in this thread, or in the boxing thread in the sports section. Why would you post in the Mulan thread?

Oh 😂

Then my bad I thought I was here. Honest mistake. Fuck Mulan

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

Good, but still not sure of how long a sentence they will give him.  I doubt he'll get the max of 25 years

Point is he is going to be doing some hard time. For someone who was once one of themost powerful people in Hollywood that is an almost unbelievable fall.

The judge, who seems like a no nonsense type..will probably follow the standard gudelines in sentencing Harvey.

Edited by dudalb

Just now, dudalb said:

Point is he is going to be doing some hard time. For someone who was once one of themost powerful people in Hollywood that is an almost unbelievable fall.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very  glad they got him on something.  But until I hear what the sentence is, I'm holding my judgment on it all.  Like If he only gets a couple years,  the impact of this is very diminished 

1 minute ago, 75Live said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very  glad they got him on something.  But until I hear what the sentence is, I'm holding my judgment on it all.  Like If he only gets a couple years,  the impact of this is very diminished 

He's facing 5 at a minimum and 25 as a maximum. Although already being 67 years old and not appearing to be in the best of health, I wouldn't bet against the chance he dies in prison.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

He's facing 5 at a minimum and 25 as a maximum. Although already being 67 years old and not appearing to be in the best of health, I wouldn't bet against the chance he dies in prison.

Thanks.  I only saw the possible maximum, the few articles never said a 5 year minimum.  So I appreciate the info :)