Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Know it's reasonable to question "what is normal these days" but gotta admit it's pretty surreal to open up Disney+ and see the new Pixar joint on there less than a month after seeing it the weekend it opened, even if four weeks ago might as well be four years with everything that's happened since. Disney should be offering a lifetime free pass for the parks to all the families who managed to see Onward in theaters just for being the lucky ones, since it's almost certain to hold the title of lowest-grossing Pixar movie until the end of time.

I’m watching it on Disney+ right now after missing it theatrically. Even with the present circumstances in mind, it feels unreal to be sitting at home watching a movie that was #1 in over 4,000 theaters just a few weeks ago.

I’m also 110% sure that Jack Black would have voiced Chris Pratt’s character if this film had been made before Guardians of the Galaxy broke out.

12 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I’m watching it on Disney+ right now after missing it theatrically. Even with the present circumstances in mind, it feels unreal to be sitting at home watching a movie that was #1 in over 4,000 theaters just a few weeks ago.

I’m also 110% sure that Jack Black would have voiced Chris Pratt’s character if this film had been made before Guardians of the Galaxy broke out.

Even more surreal in retrospect is that two of the over half-dozen trailers before the movie when seeing it on opening weekend were for movies that are now skipping theaters and going to streaming (Trolls World Tour and the just-banished-to-D+ Artemis Fowl).

I just remembered that New Mutants was supposed to finally open this weekend. If theaters reopen by the middle of June (like AMC and now clearly the studios are hoping with all the new release dates set) maybe that'll be one of the sacrificial lambs during those first few weeks when theaters will still be doing social distancing before Tenet (assuming it sticks with that July 17 release date) kicks off Hollywood's abridged summer movie season this year.

44 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

There was some snow in the mountains today. A cool southerly has hit here and now I can smell a wood fire in the neighbourhood. 

We had (non-April-like) snow a few days back. I hope it was the last one before summer (but here in ‚crazy-weather-changes’ April all is possible). For you I guess it is the first one ....

Never Rarely Sometimes Always is easily the best film of the year and it could stay that way if pretty much nothing releases in the 2nd half of the year. Best looking film of the year too (more filmmakers really need to use 16mm). And for a film with such a simple story, I really didn't expect the film to be as tense as it was either but Hittman does a brilliant job at making you feel the uncomfortableness and struggle of the main character. So much information is revealed just from her saying absolutely nothing.  9/10

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

@MCKillswitch123 So apparently TVI is already stretching Na Corda Bamba with stockshots of cities and flashbacks that reuse old footage. They probably won't have enough episodes to last until the end of May. The same goes for the new soap Quer o Destino. My only question is: why the fuck are they still airing them 6 times a week? Are they insane? They should have went with a mix of repeats and new episodes of Mental Samurai for Fridays and Saturdays, plus repeats of Ver Pra Crer and Kitchen Nightmares at 11 PM as soon as filming stopped.

Also, how is SIC dealing with this? I haven't read anything about Nazaré or Terra Brava?

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 So apparently TVI is already stretching Na Corda Bamba with stockshots of cities and flashbacks that reuse old footage. They probably won't have enough episodes to last until the end of May. The same goes for the new soap Quer o Destino. My only question is: why the fuck are they still airing them 6 times a week? Are they insane? They should have went with a mix of repeats and new episodes of Mental Samurai for Fridays and Saturdays, plus repeats of Ver Pra Crer and Kitchen Nightmares at 11 PM as soon as filming stopped.

Also, how is SIC dealing with this? I haven't read anything about Nazaré or Terra Brava?

Wow, I've been gone for three months and we're still talking about Portuguese TV?  :WHATanabe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3