Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Soooo, me ignorant European/German or too old for that ....

I am aware about not knowing all ~ cultural hints.

Quarantine gives way too much time to surf e.g. through YT, so I blame the virus:

Just learned accidentally about whom characters speak about if they say Dr. Phil

Watched a very few 2-3 minutes clips.

Head-scratching why the people asking for advice or help or whatever would ever agree to go on a TV show for their 💩

Especially the ‚bad‘ 👹 side.

🤪

Ugh arguing with conservatives is super frustrating. I know I shouldn't get into arguments, but they really don't want to have any back and forth conversations :lol:

So I've been scrolling a lot through Tik Tok lately cause I'm bored, mainly for the vine-like memes that some people make that I find funny. But for some reason the algorithm's been recommending me all these right-wing political videos, even though whenever one comes up I select 'not interested'. Anyways I left a comment on one (shouldn't have but whatever) of like a :rolleyes: emoji, and boy did my notifications box get flooded with hate comments. So people would @ me and ask why I'm so uneducated and why I never do my own research. I asked them what their research was and most of them would respond "Tucker" or "Hannity" (and they're Canadian). I told them yo you should probably expand your research horizons beyond Fox, and then started getting called a snowflake, soy boy, libtard, you name it.

And THEN there's all these comments "lol look at us we just DESTROYED this fuckin lib" like LMAOOOO what

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So I've been scrolling a lot through Tik Tok lately cause I'm bored, mainly for the vine-like memes that some people make that I find funny. But for some reason the algorithm's been recommending me all these right-wing political videos, even though whenever one comes up I select 'not interested'.

Youtube's algorithm is just as shit. I keep getting recommendations for people like Stephen Crowder even though I haven't watched one damn video of his my whole life. And no matter how much I click "not interested" and tell Youtube to knock it off they won't stop coming.

It's not even political videos where I get those recommendations, it's for basically anything.

Edited by cookie
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

And when Bay attempted to be Berg (13 Hours had aspirations to be the next Lone Survivor), the movie fizzled as well. Maybe it would've been a hit had he typecasted Wahlberg (who had already worked with him on Pain & Gain/Transformers at the time) to play the Krasinski role but was unable to cause he was already committed to work with Berg again on Deepwater Horizon.

This is insanity lmao

Do you think Lone Survivor is better than 13 Hours

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This is insanity lmao

Do you think Lone Survivor is better than 13 Hours

I thought both movies were kinda take-it-or-leave-it as far as quality goes but strictly in terms of box office 13 Hours clearly hoped to repeat the performance of that movie along with similar early year hits Zero Dark Thirty and American Sniper but without the Oscar-qualifying limited December releases of any of those and sputtered with a $50M-ish total (even if it still ended up nominated for a Sound Oscar a year later anyway).

Decided to check out Quibi since they have a 90 day trial. Watched "Most Dangerous Game" and it's not bad. The pacing is ultra quick because of episodes being about 8 minutes each. In 3 episodes there's more plot progression than most prestige shows hit in more than 90 minutes.

The landscape to portait thing is pretty nice although you lose a lot of the details from the full picture when you go portrait. 

WaPo nails it

People love TV more than ever, but they often find the portions too big. (You want me to watch six seasons of one-hour episodes? Who plans to live that long?) Or there’s some other daunting barrier to entry besides the time investment, such as sitting down and paying attention. Quibi gets rid of all that.

Its shows glide past with such efficiency (in horizontal or vertical display, your choice) that it almost feels silly to take notes on them. They are expertly diced, refined and tightly edited in a way that convinces a viewer that it’s easier to keep watching than to consciously click away.

Even if your interest may wane, your eye notices there’s only 90 seconds left, so you might as well finish this episode. After which, why not start another? Repeat cycle, mindlessly, until you’ve finished a whole series.

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

@TMP HBO copying their own shows. Westworld season 3 gonna have a black and white dream (caused by taking a drug) episode like Watchmen Episode 6.

Lmfao if robot parks gets more Emmys love and Lindelof gets shunned again

• Haha 1

So it sounds like the things that aren't worth watching on Quibi easily outweigh the things that are. Would be easy to say they won't be around for long but they have so many projects with big names attached that it won't be a quick demise at least.

14 hours ago, cookie said:

Youtube's algorithm is just as shit. I keep getting recommendations for people like Stephen Crowder even though I haven't watched one damn video of his my whole life. And no matter how much I click "not interested" and tell Youtube to knock it off they won't stop coming.

It's not even political videos where I get those recommendations, it's for basically anything.

Really my Youtube suggested has seen a huge reduction in 

"BEN SHAPIRO REKTS SJW LIBTARDS!"  videos.

I  feel if you watch some political videos you get such videos more. 

However i watch a lot of Joe Rogan on Youtube lol 

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Really my Youtube suggested has seen a huge reduction in 

"BEN SHAPIRO REKTS SJW LIBTARDS!"  videos.

I  feel if you watch some political videos you get such videos more. 

Could be different in different market, Canada could be different, I do not get much of those either (except if I just clicked on one close to it)

• Like 1