Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@CJohn Fátima just came out and said "FAKE NEWS" to everything involving the whole switcheroo with Goucha. A Tarde é Sua and Você na TV are sticking as is, apparently.

Also, Rodrigues is in an induced coma. That really doesn't sound good. Let's see what comes out of that.

EDIT: Just announced - a new A Tarde é Sua segment that resembles The View, called O Resto é Conversa, will occupy 7PM starting next week. Flopzone? Also, no Cabelo Pantene repeat after all. Thank God.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Fátima just came out and said "FAKE NEWS" to everything involving the whole switcheroo with Goucha. A Tarde é Sua and Você na TV are sticking as is, apparently.

Also, Rodrigues is in an induced coma. That really doesn't sound good. Let's see what comes out of that.

EDIT: Just announced - a new A Tarde é Sua segment that resembles The View, called O Resto é Conversa, will occupy 7PM starting next week. Flopzone? Also, no Cabelo Pantene repeat after all. Thank God.

Fátima shutting down all these silly websites with these news lmao.

I am waiting for something official on Rodrigues. There is a lot of fake news floating around rn. Besides the coma, which we know it is true, I won't believe anything else unless it quotes an official source.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea actually? I think it can pull a decent 12-13% share. Good that they won't repeat that after all.

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/box_office_semanal_22_a_28_agosto_2019_197285d67a73942a44.pdf The weekday business for Variações jesus christ. It had a 500 tickets difference over Angel on the weekend. Look at it now.

giphy.gif

Avatar falls TOMORROW. Game over, James, you are no longer the king here. The Lion King rules supreme.

Edited by CJohn

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I am waiting for something official on Rodrigues. There is a lot of fake news floating around rn. Besides the coma, which we know it is true, I won't believe anything else unless it quotes an official source.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea actually? I think it can pull a decent 12-13% share. Good that they won't repeat that after all.

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/box_office_semanal_22_a_28_agosto_2019_197285d67a73942a44.pdf The weekday business for Variações jesus christ. It had a 500 tickets difference over Angel on the weekend. Look at it now.

giphy.gif

Avatar falls TOMORROW. Game over, James, you are no longer the king here. The Lion King rules supreme.

Me neither. Especially since some devious CM-related websites have already come out saying that he was dead hours ago, despite nothing official being released. Right now, nothing is known besides the coma.

I think it can pull 10%, maybe even 11%, and I think it sounds like an interesting idea, but it will only be enough for those 10/11% and not much else, given how it's not a very 7PM-friendly show (it's basically The View, it's really nothing else of super special and it'd fit 5PM better). Even the truth machine fuckery from A Tarde é Sua barely pulls 10/11% at 7PM nowadays, after all. It will still come far behind the two game shows. Plus, it's only being announced now and will premiere on Monday. That's why I was calling it a flopzone. And yeah, thank God for no repeats at fucking 12AM Sunday.

Variações and The Lion King. The box office GAWDS of Summer 2019.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Telluride Film Festival slate for this weekend announced:

• THE AERONAUTS (d. Tom Harper, U.S.-U.K., 2019)
• THE ASSISTANT (d. Kitty Green, U.S., 2019)
• THE AUSTRALIAN DREAM (d. Daniel Gordon, Australia, 2019)
• BEANPOLE (Kantemir Balagov, Russia, 2019)
• THE CLIMB (d. Michael Angelo Covino, U.S., 2019)
• COUP 53 (d. Taghi Amirani, U.K., 2019)
• DIEGO MARADONA (d. Asif Kapadia, U.K., 2019)
• FAMILY ROMANCE, LLC (d. Werner Herzog, U.S. – Japan, 2019)
• FIRST COW (d. Kelly Reichardt, U.S., 2019)
• FORD v FERRARI (d. James Mangold, U.S., 2019)
• JUDY (d. Rupert Goold, U.K.-U.S., 2019)
• A HIDDEN LIFE (d. Terrence Malick, U.S. – Germany, 2019)
• THE HUMAN FACTOR (d. Dror Moreh, U.K., 2019)
• INSIDE BILL’S BRAIN (d. Davis Guggenheim, U.S., 2019)
• THE KINGMAKER (Lauren Greenfield, U.S., 2019)
• LYREBIRD (d. Dan Friedkin, U.S., 2019)
• MARRIAGE STORY (d. Noah Baumbach, U.S., 2019)
• MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN (d. Edward Norton, U.S., 2019)
• OLIVER SACKS: HIS OWN LIFE (d. Ric Burns, U.S., 2018)
• PAIN AND GLORY (d. Pedro Almodóvar, Spain, 2019)
• PARASITE (d. Bong Joon-ho, South Korea, 2019)
• PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE (d. Céline Sciamma, France, 2019)
• THE REPORT (d. Scott Z. Burns, U.S., 2019)
• TELL ME WHO I AM (d. Ed Perkins, U.K., 2019)
• THOSE WHO REMAINED (d. Barnabás Toth, Hungary, 2019)
• THE TWO POPES (d. Fernando Meirelles, U.K., 2019)
• UNCUT GEMS (d. Josh Safdie, Benny Safdie, U.S., 2019)
• VARDA BY AGNÈS (d. Agnès Varda, France, 2019)
• VERDICT (d. Raymond Ribay Gutierrez, Philippines, 2019)
• WAVES (d. Trey Edward Schultz, U.S., 2019)

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/telluride-film-festival-lineup-2019-1202169367/

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

So in the Telegram chat, Blanks thought it would be a good idea to share a Tweet with a picture of an anime girl getting a penis shoved into her eye. 

I hope someone gave him a big fat slap for that

@Blankments you should start to think why on earth you found that an acceptable thing to do, not only for ‚that‘s not something to do‘ but also to really think about it why you even get such ideas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I hope someone gave him a big fat slap for that

@Blankments you should start to think why on earth you found that an acceptable thing to do, not only for ‚that‘s not something to do‘ but also to really think about it why you even get such ideas

Blanks creates a lot of questions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

giphy.gif

Disney, Universal and Lionsgate all have the same distributor in Portugal? TIL

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Disney, Universal and Lionsgate all have the same distributor in Portugal? TIL

Disney, Universal, Paramount, MGM and Warner Bros. are all released by the same distributor, NOS Audiovisuais.

Sony and 20th Century Fox are both released by the same distributor, Big Pictures.

Lionsgate movies vary, as they are bought individually (same with anything that doesn't come from the big 6). Usually Lionsgate productions are released by PRIS Audiovisuais, while Millenium Productions tend to be released by NOS Audiovisuais.

However, this isn't a sure thing as Scary Stories was just recently released by NOS Audiovisuais.

Edited by CJohn
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'd really like to think that if there were more women in the chat, the boys would behave.

But regrettably I have major doubts.

I feel like it's your space safe and I don't want to interrupt it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'd really like to think that if there were more women in the chat, the boys would behave.

But regrettably I have major doubts.

I think this applies to the real world situations but online I dont see much of a difference unless the female ratio is very high like over 30%. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I dont see this here, but I am on Discord Servers as a mod and I notice female users cause the guys to act nicely, but its because the guys are trying to have them like them.  :rofl:

@Jason 

Yeah, I've seen that too from my experience with Teamspeak and (to a lesser degree) Discord. Don't think it's entirely out of trying to be liked, I think in voice comms there's at least a bit of social pressure/norms at work.

• Like 1