Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Renting Godzilla for tonight’s movie.  Cheaper this time, we did redbox instead of PPV.  

Foot update:  a lot of crutch work today.  Dropped a new pain prescription off and that is a long walk.  Then to lunch, where Andy dropped me off.  My arms are sore and badly bruised from the new crutches I got.  I love them but they pinch my arms.  My foot is very well protected in the cast.  Even my toes, two of which have stitches are protected.  If only I could sleep!

• Sad 1

On 8/27/2019 at 3:03 PM, captainwondyful said:

Screen_Shot_2019-08-27_at_2.50.18_PM.png

*insert Chris Evans laughing gif*

This is what happens when everyone suddenly finds out that your D23 Exclusive $149 Three-Year-Subscription to Disney+ is now available for everyone.  And no, you don't need to pay the $100 year membership fee.  Even general members.  

It's a STEAL if anyone's thinking about getting Disney+.  Works out to about $3.50 a month.

I *don't* know if it works with the Hulu/ESPN+ package.  But for me, its a very simple cancel Netflix and add that to the existing Hulu package solution.

Deal ends 9/2 for those thinking about it.

"Valid for US residents with US payment method only." 😢

• Sad 3

Just watched that Dave Chappelle special that's been getting folks all riled up this week, and... oof. There are some decent laughs here and there, but too much of it feels like him doubling down on being edgy for edgy's sake. At least his edginess in Chappelle's Show was focused and felt like it had a purpose; this just feels like a guy repeatedly punching down and then playing the victim because viewers pointed out that punching down isn't a good look on him. (And I'm saying this as someone who loved Chappelle's Show.)

I also went and saw The Peanut Butter Falcon tonight. I really wish it was getting more attention - it's a really sweet movie with some strong performances.

Edited by Webslinger

Gas stations and the food stores are pretty much all out by now as everybody prepares for Dorian. Praise be that we did all of this yesterday. Meanwhile as everyone's worried about how bad its impact will be I'm just laughing that a hurricane threatening to ravage my state and the opening of an IT movie are within close proximity of each other two years later (after we were mercifully spared last year). If this storm does enough damage that it basically wipes out that movie's entire opening weekend here once again...I'm just gonna assume this shit is all Pennywise's doing.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Just watched that Dave Chappelle special that's been getting folks all riled up this week, and... oof. There are some decent laughs here and there, but too much of it feels like him doubling down on being edgy for edgy's sake. At least his edginess in Chappelle's Show was focused and felt like it had a purpose; this just feels like a guy repeatedly punching down and then playing the victim because viewers pointed out that punching down isn't a good look on him. (And I'm saying this as someone who loved Chappelle's Show.)

I also went and saw The Peanut Butter Falcon tonight. I really wish it was getting more attention - it's a really sweet movie with some strong performances.

Dave Chappelle is way more popular then a lot of comedians today who play it super safe.

My point is Chappelle knows his appeal and knows that being outside the the norms is what draws him more attention

11 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Don't worry the Gen-Xers are going to love it.