Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

NOT THE FANBOY WARS THREAD. NOT THE "EVIL SJWS RUIN EVERYTHING" THREAD

Well, that looks like a promising thread to catch up on! 👍

(caught the very first initial reactions late last night haven't set foot in the thread since)

• Haha 1

i thought snowpiercer was a little overhyped the first time. i was sure with all the adulation i've seen the last five years i'd maybe like it better the second time, but i think watching it in the context that i'm doing a rewatch of all of Bong Joon-ho's movies has made me like it less if anything. it's clearly his weakest. Harvey was right you coulda chopped 20 minutes out of this thing.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i thought snowpiercer was a little overhyped the first time. i was sure with all the adulation i've seen the last five years i'd maybe like it better the second time, but i think watching it in the context that i'm doing a rewatch of all of Bong Joon-ho's movies has made me like it less if anything. it's clearly his weakest. Harvey was right you coulda chopped 20 minutes out of this thing.

The ending still doesn't work for me at all.

Just picked up rocket man on redbox.  Loved Godzilla last night.  Tried my new pain meds. They work.  Thank goodness since I couldn’t get more dilauded due to the opioid crises.  I am allergic to codeine, hence the dilauded.  I have plenty left but am switching to tramadol since it worked.  Or it could have been the beer.  😀

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Cinephiles are mostly depressed people  that can't enjoy nice things.

When you are reduced to admire Todd Phillips, you can be sure your condition is pretty serious.

That s desperation to feel alive again at the movies, one last time.

Be strong people, it gets better. 

Edited by The Futurist

finally saw Winter Light. i had heard all the talk last year that it was an inspiration for First Reformed but holy crap it's the same goddamn movie. schrader should've given bergman a credit or smthing

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 1