Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I went and saw The Farewell again this afternoon and a couple walked out in a huff within the first two minutes upon realizing that most of the film was going to be subtitled.

lol

I think this happened for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon too.

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

I went and saw The Farewell again this afternoon and a couple walked out in a huff within the first two minutes upon realizing that most of the film was going to be subtitled.

When I saw The Artist in theaters a couple people walked out within the first 5 minutes once they realized it was a silent movie.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:09 AM, CoolioD1 said:

i thought snowpiercer was a little overhyped the first time. i was sure with all the adulation i've seen the last five years i'd maybe like it better the second time, but i think watching it in the context that i'm doing a rewatch of all of Bong Joon-ho's movies has made me like it less if anything. it's clearly his weakest. Harvey was right you coulda chopped 20 minutes out of this thing.

pre-parasite

mPUkmBZ.png?1

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 3:09 AM, CoolioD1 said:

i thought snowpiercer was a little overhyped the first time. i was sure with all the adulation i've seen the last five years i'd maybe like it better the second time, but i think watching it in the context that i'm doing a rewatch of all of Bong Joon-ho's movies has made me like it less if anything. it's clearly his weakest. Harvey was right you coulda chopped 20 minutes out of this thing.

I watched it last week and just had the opposite reaction. I thought snowpiercer was overhyped the first time and thought if was eh, but maybe its because I watched it with other people this time, I liked it more. It's not as good as any of his previous movies or Parasite (which is his best work yet) but I still think it's a great film (same with Okja) and many directors would kill to be able to balance so many genres and tones together so perfectly.

• Like 1

@CJohn To the surprise of absolutely nobody, MasterChef got its gourmet ass kicked by SIC. Golpe de Sorte annihilated it and the Raminhos show, which aired right after, pounced on it as well. Only Just For Laughs fell behind.

Wanna know what's the funniest aspect of this? The way that both shows were handled in terms of promotion. SIC can sorta get away with barely promoting something because everyone will watch them anyway, but even then, they still went out of their way to promote the Golpe de Sorte Sunday episode with heavy frequency. And on Jornal da Noite on Sunday, it was announced that the soap was gonna air directly after with no commercial break in between. And it did. In the other side, a channel that DESPERATELY needs marketing barely markets their one and only major entertainment format on the Fall season and doesn't premiere it with no break after Jornal das 8. Despite SIC doing just that and the Benfica game airing on cable at the same time. Pafuckingthetic. Is it really a surprise which channel is #1? :rofl:

That being said, TVI has been playing with their luck a little bit and hasn't done as bad as before. Prisioneira is actually slightly improved at the ratings (did 21% share on Tuesday or something, usually doesn't fall at all from Amar Depois de Amar's shares and does okay at Saturday 11PM), the 37 repeat has significantly improved its results - albeit still doing pretty bad, technically - and... they actually went forth with the damn Cabelo Pantene repeat on Sunday morning, and it actually didn't do that bad :apocalypse: Mar de Paixão is still a joke, though, and their programming is still in fucking shambles, to say the least, so... yeah. A few small wins, but nothing else. Let's see how the Conversa show goes today.

And also, Variações is making headlines across the country for its record breaking box office. The king is here, baby.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

59 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn To the surprise of absolutely nobody, MasterChef got its gourmet ass kicked by SIC. Golpe de Sorte annihilated it and the Raminhos show, which aired right after, pounced on it as well. Only Just For Laughs fell behind.

Wanna know what's the funniest aspect of this? The way that both shows were handled in terms of promotion. SIC can sorta get away with barely promoting something because everyone will watch them anyway, but even then, they still went out of their way to promote the Golpe de Sorte Sunday episode with heavy frequency. And on Jornal da Noite on Sunday, it was announced that the soap was gonna air directly after with no commercial break in between. And it did. In the other side, a channel that DESPERATELY needs marketing barely markets their one and only major entertainment format on the Fall season and doesn't premiere it with no break after Jornal das 8. Despite SIC doing just that and the Benfica game airing on cable at the same time. Pafuckingthetic. Is it really a surprise which channel is #1? :rofl:

That being said, TVI has been playing with their luck a little bit and hasn't done as bad as before. Prisioneira is actually slightly improved at the ratings (did 21% share on Tuesday or something, usually doesn't fall at all from Amar Depois de Amar's shares and does okay at Saturday 11PM), the 37 repeat has significantly improved its results - albeit still doing pretty bad, technically - and... they actually went forth with the damn Cabelo Pantene repeat on Sunday morning, and it actually didn't do that bad :apocalypse: Mar de Paixão is still a joke, though, and their programming is still in fucking shambles, to say the least, so... yeah. A few small wins, but nothing else. Let's see how the Conversa show goes today.

And also, Variações is making headlines across the country for its record breaking box office. The king is here, baby.

I knew Masterchef was gonna tank. Nobody watches TVI anymore therefore nobody knows it came back.

Meanwhile, Variações was 1st again barely dropping from the OW:

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_29_agosto_a_01_de_setembro_2019_154625d6d03840ef23.pdf

The new releases were an all around disaster. Bring on IT 2.

Edited by CJohn

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I knew Masterchef was gonna tank. Nobody watches TVI anymore therefore nobody knows it came back.

Meanwhile, Variações was 1st again barely dropping from the OW:

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_29_agosto_a_01_de_setembro_2019_154625d6d03840ef23.pdf

The new releases were an all around disaster. Bring on IT 2.

Nobody watches anymore AND TVI didn't even bother trying to market. Insane.

Variações is going to sneeze past 200K tickets sold. Insane.

Also, Hobbs & Shaw's number is actually great for something that wasn't even released in NOS theaters. Just imagine how much money Universal left on the table :rofl:

27 minutes ago, Alli said:

god, that pic!!!  we are in the era of the ugly male movie star. RPatts, Chamalet....where are the brad pitts, johnny depps???

Putting a has-been like Johnny Depp in the same league as the Pitt, lmao.

• Like 1