Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Most shows probably don't make any money these days, especially with how little patience everyone seems to have. Feels like if you don't have either the viewership or the buzz (or both), you're screwed. One of the reasons why I don't really get into new shows anymore unless they are certain to last.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Most shows probably don't make any money these days, especially with how little patience everyone seems to have. Feels like if you don't have either the viewership or the buzz (or both), you're screwed. One of the reasons why I don't really get into new shows anymore unless they are certain to last.

Out of curiosity, how do you determine that? A second-season pickup, or awards or something?

49 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Out of curiosity, how do you determine that? A second-season pickup, or awards or something?

A combo, but it's mainly an issue with network TV now (I don't think there's a single new show on the networks this fall I'll be tuning into). Mainly don't like tuning into shows when there's an aura that they aren't long for this world. Though mainly I mostly check out shows now based on whether people I like are involved (and most of those are doing HBO/streaming now).

Speaking of which I used the weekend to finally catch up on Killing Eve. Like it a lot! Great performances from its central duo as well. You can never go wrong with Sandra Oh (when is her Oscar vehicle coming?) and Jodie Comer is definitely a star.

• Like 1

I hadn't actually checked out what new shows are coming to US network TV this year.

I'm a sucker for the Sci-Fi mystery thriller that lasts a season or two before being cancelled and I found one.  Emergence on ABC.

Fox also has a show called Almost Family based on an Australian show called Sisters.  I hadn't heard of it.  I found out why.  It went from 624,000 capital city viewers for episode 1 down to 172,000 for episode 6.  

Foot update:  went out for a bit today.  Almost fell going out of the house.  It hurt.  Getting into the truck hurt.  Didn’t have tramadol with me, so put the pain out of my mind.  Unfortunately when we got home it still hurt so I took the meds.  Was planning on going out tonight but decided I am too tired.  Today’s outing took a lot out of me, and I have not been sleeping well since I got my cast put on.  One more week of the cast then back in a boot.  Will be taking more pain meds soon and going to bed soon.

• Like 1