Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

emot-lol.gif hoo boy...  the new season of Jack Ryan looks like straight up in-house CIA propaganda 

I'll be watching.  I'm glad they're not doing something in the Middle East or even Europe and I honestly enjoy this type of propaganda shit because part of the enjoyment is effortlessly picking it apart(Russiagate anyone?).  But Venezuela? 

Edited by Ozymandias

8 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I have a question, why isn't Jussie Smollet being charged with anything? 

He is found to report a fake crime, orchestrated a fake crime and was ready to throw innocent people in jail  over by accusing innocent people. 

Imo I think such people should have the book thrown at them as they do a disservice to Minorities everywhere be undermining legitimate cases of hate crime. 

https://abc7chicago.com/smollett-lawyers-actor-unaware-alleged-attack-would-trigger-extensive-investigation/5515046/

Le Privilège Blanc.

Facile.

Why the fuck is Robert Mugabe being portrayed in positive light in some media?

BBC news:

Summary

1. Zimbabwe's ex-president, who was ousted in a coup in 2017, has died
  2. He had ruled the country for 37 years from independence in 1980
  3. His successor has hailed him as 'an icon of liberation'
  4. During the struggle against white-minority rule he was imprisoned
  5. After independence in 1980 he first ruled as prime minister then as president
  6. Under his rule Zimbabwe became a regional bread basket with high literacy rate
  7. But after the seizure of white-owned farms in the 2000s the economy went into freefall
  8. After disputed elections in 2008 he shared power with the opposition for four years
  9. His ousting is partly blamed on political ambitions of his second wife Grace

@CJohn As everyone freaks out over It 2's apparently disappointing numbers (they're not), pretty sure that it's poised for a breakout over here, albeit it won't have an easy task due to Variações.

Also, TVI has finally renewed their marketing team, it seems, because they're going all out (or giving the impression of such) on Na Corda Bamba, with massive urban marketing and even random countdown clock moments slated down. Apparently, they even promoted the show during their call show at 1AM or whatever :rofl:  It's still nowhere near the Nazaré promotion, but it's a step way beyond Prisioneira and Amar Depois de Amar. They're gonna need it, because ADdA has been bombing big time lately. Also, they're already promoting the Pedro Fernandes game show, which is gonna be necessary since O Resto é Conversa is flopping just as badly as First Dates, unfortunately. Prisioneira, in the midst of all of this, has suddenly become TVI's most competitive show with shares always above 19%, so it'll be hilarious to see it become a Floribella rip-off :rofl:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn As everyone freaks out over It 2's apparently disappointing numbers (they're not), pretty sure that it's poised for a breakout over here, albeit it won't have an easy task due to Variações.

Also, TVI has finally renewed their marketing team, it seems, because they're going all out (or giving the impression of such) on Na Corda Bamba, with massive urban marketing and even random countdown clock moments slated down. Apparently, they even promoted the show during their call show at 1AM or whatever :rofl:  It's still nowhere near the Nazaré promotion, but it's a step way beyond Prisioneira and Amar Depois de Amar. They're gonna need it, because ADdA has been bombing big time lately. Also, they're already promoting the Pedro Fernandes game show, which is gonna be necessary since O Resto é Conversa is flopping just as badly as First Dates, unfortunately. Prisioneira, in the midst of all of this, has suddenly become TVI's most competitive show with shares always above 19%, so it'll be hilarious to see it become a Floribella rip-off :rofl:

Man, that Fernanda Serrano morning show is gonna tank under 10% share every day isn't it?

I have seen a lot of marketing for Na Corda Bamba, but it is very generic. I have seen an outdoor just with Pepe Rapazote and a random background with a tagline. Meanwhile SIC attacks me daily with Carolina Loureiro and a very appealing design for their Nazaré street marketing.

• Haha 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Some asshole on reddit thinks that December is the month when studios dump films and January is the month when studios put out films they have faith in. 

Well, maybe this person is thinking of the wide January release, or maybe this person doesn't really know anything. How popular is this post?

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well, maybe this person is thinking of the wide January release, or maybe this person doesn't really know anything. How popular is this post?

Post ain't popular but user is pretty popular and respected on the subreddit (even I respected him). Person probably doesn't know anything and also mistook me for a DC fanboy because I talked about Joker and Birds of Prey previously.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

Kind of depressed.  I had 2 interviews the past 2 days, one from Thursday hasn't said anything yet and the one today that seemed to go great, already said no.  It was only like 4 hours after the interview.  The second one was temporary but seemed like a fit for what I need now even if the money was bad.  Oh well, got to keep looking and need something pretty soon

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Kind of depressed.  I had 2 interviews the past 2 days, one from Thursday hasn't said anything yet and the one today that seemed to go great, already said no.  It was only like 4 hours after the interview.  The second one was temporary but seemed like a fit for what I need now even if the money was bad.  Oh well, got to keep looking and need something pretty soon

Did you sent thank you emails to each place.

I know a lot of managers wont hire a person who did not send a thank you email lol 

• Like 1