Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Be honest Seattle has some of the worst traffic I seen in North America. 

Seattle is the only place I've personally driven that had worse traffic than the LA Megalopolis.  Just horrific.  

I mean, I suspect why it is.  Not easy building a freeway transportation system with huge honking hills surrounding one side of the city (as well as inside it) and a large ass bay on the other.  THEN throw in two major Interstate arteries (I-5 and I-90) just for funsies. 

Just a recipe for disaster even with a reasonably good public transportation system (and I did like Seattle's public transportation, for the record).

Been a while since I've driven there, but I can't imagine it's much better.  Especially at the I-5/I-90 interchange.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Seattle is the only place I've personally driven that had worse traffic than the LA Megalopolis.  Just horrific.  

I mean, I suspect why it is.  Not easy building a freeway transportation system with huge honking hills surrounding one side of the city (as well as inside it) and a large ass bay on the other.  THEN throw in two major Interstate arteries (I-5 and I-90) just for funsies. 

Just a recipe for disaster even with a reasonably good public transportation system (and I did like Seattle's public transportation, for the record).

Been a while since I've driven there, but I can't imagine it's much better.  Especially at the I-5/I-90 interchange.

Yea the traffic is horrid in the downtown core as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I was in 1st grade during 9/11. My dad got scared and pulled me out of school despite us living no where near NY. I had no clue what had actually happened.

I know we all remember NY, but I knew people at the Pentagon (VA) that day (thankfully, they were ones who survived)...and I'm sure others knew folks on Flight 93 that went down in PA.  It was a morning where no one was really sure what was happening, except that airplanes were crashing seemingly everywhere and it was unbelievably bad...so I'm not surprised your dad pulled you out - that's being a good dad:)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I know we all remember NY, but I knew people at the Pentagon (VA) that day (thankfully, they were ones who survived)...and I'm sure others knew folks on Flight 93 that went down in PA.  It was a morning where no one was really sure what was happening, except that airplanes were crashing seemingly everywhere and it was unbelievably bad...so I'm not surprised your dad pulled you out - that's being a good dad:)...

My brother worked in I believe the tallest building in Philly that day and they evacuated the whole thing since no one knew what was going to still haopen.  He was pretty freaked out

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

Ugh, I still shudder at the mere mention of I-5. It was awful enough in Portland, so I can't even imagine what it must be like in Seattle...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Ugh, I still shudder at the mere mention of I-5. It was awful enough in Portland, so I can't even imagine what it must be like in Seattle...

Downtown Seattle was my first ever experience of left side steering wheel and driving on the right.

I think I would have driven the I-5 up to the Everett Boeing factory.

I survived.

Drove all the way from Seattle to Orange County via the 101 down the coast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@CJohn Nazaré is a fucking M-O-N-S-T-E-R.

14.8% / 30.7% for its third episode. Bigger result than the second episode. Oh, and it topped the Twitter trends yet again (alongside Carolina Loureiro - no surprise, she showed up in her lingerie, GODDAYUM).

And here we were thinking people weren't interested in soaps anymore. Silly us.

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Nazaré is a fucking M-O-N-S-T-E-R.

14.8% / 30.7% for its third episode. Bigger result than the second episode. Oh, and it topped the Twitter trends yet again (alongside Carolina Loureiro - no surprise, she showed up in her lingerie, GODDAYUM).

And here we were thinking people weren't interested in soaps anymore. Silly us.

FUCK I will watch the episode tonight. With scenes like that 30% share daily will be the normal.

Edited by CJohn
  • Thanks 1

Foot update:  today I got my cast off, and my stitches out.  Foot is horribly swollen still and it has been 4 weeks since surgery.  Found out I have at least two, but probably 4 weeks off my foot.

So, they put me back in another beautiful purple cast.  This time me foot is at 90 degrees so I can put it down when needed.  Bad news is my toes are out.  If I hit them it is really going to hurt.  I don’t like not having protection for my toes!

• Sad 3