Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

24 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I wonder if we can try it if we use a VPN...

Not easily, as you can see. The biggest hurdle will be tricking PayPal into thinking you're in the Netherlands. Not exactly an easy hack.

The rest is annoyances, as detailed in the last two tweets.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Looks like it's Full Stream Ahead from various reports.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/disney-plus-launch-free-trial-netherlands-marvel-pixar-1203333441/

Consumers in the Netherlands became the first in the world to get their hands on Disney Plus when an early version of the hugely anticipated streaming service went live in the country Thursday in a free trial run.

Disney is testing out the platform in the Netherlands, and the soft-launch version does not have the raft of originals series and content that will be part of the official full-fat offering. A launch date of Nov. 12 has been set for Disney Plus in the Netherlands, the same as in the U.S. and Canada. Australia and New Zealand are slated to follow a week later.

In the Netherlands – where, ironically, Netflix has its European headquarters – Disney fans can now sign up for the free trial and start streaming a selection of catalogue fare from Disney, as well as Pixar, Marvel, “Star Wars” and National Geographic content. They can run up to four concurrent streams, have unlimited downloads, and set up as many as seven profiles. Parents can set up kid-specific profiles that open a child-friendly interface with age-appropriate content.

@cookie

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Looks like it's Full Stream Ahead from various reports.

Even stuff like Infinity War and Last Jedi which they said weren't going to be launch titles? I see them on the menu.

Edited by cookie

13 minutes ago, cookie said:

Even stuff like Infinity War and Last Jedi which they said weren't going to be launch titles? I see them on the menu.

If something isn't available at launch, I doubt it will be there unless the licensing deals allow them.  For instance, I've heard that Disney doesn't have some of the same deals with Netflix over in the Netherlands that they do in the States.  So it could be that some of the films that won't be avaialble right away in some countries might be there.

16 minutes ago, cookie said:

I believe they might be launch titles there but not in the States. I don't know how the Disney-Netflix deal works, but maybe rights are different from country to country

Omg first day back at work, in a cast, but no ice or elevation equals a lot of pain.  I took an actual pain pill, but not as strong as dilauded.  Hoping to knock the pain out, and I am iced and elevated.  

I did not expect my foots reaction to work!  They were very happy to have me back though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

Not easily, as you can see. The biggest hurdle will be tricking PayPal into thinking you're in the Netherlands. Not exactly an easy hack.

The rest is annoyances, as detailed in the last two tweets.

I can do nothing but admire his dedication.

• Like 3

i feel so angry iu just wnat to smash everything.

Ive spent 2 hours on a bridge over a motorway. trying to stop my friend jumping. I was right behind him and he was going to die. and i was helpless because i would try and get him back and he would lean forward and i would grab him and .

the police and fire brigade, ambulance came and i was fine i was directing traffic and looking after my friends parents and while i was doing that i was calm and collected like I usually am. and ive got home and I feel so violent and angry and I need to hit something or someone. I've called doctors and spoke to family and friends but it isnt helping.

please someone reply i just want someone who doesn't know me to tell me I did the right thing and that it will be okay

he was dragged away by the police cuffed and sent to hospital and he will be sectioned.

it took TWO HOURS for a negotiator to arrive, what a joke, fucking stupid pricks

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Ive spent 2 hours on a bridge over a motorway. trying to stop my friend jumping. I was right behind him and he was going to die. and i was helpless because i would try and get him back and he would lean forward and i would grab him and .

the police and fire brigade, ambulance came and i was fine i was directing traffic and looking after my friends parents and while i was doing that i was calm and collected like I usually am. and ive got home and I feel so violent and angry and I need to hit something or someone. I've called doctors and spoke to family and friends but it isnt helping.

please someone reply i just want someone who doesn't know me to tell me I did the right thing and that it will be okay

he was dragged away by the police cuffed and sent to hospital and he will be sectioned.

it took TWO HOURS for a negotiator to arrive, what a joke, fucking stupid pricks

You definitely did the right thing. Maybe talk to a therapist though. I don't know how that works in the UK.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Oh my god, this sounds fucking intense. It sounds like you saved your friend’s life though, definitely a good thing!

• Like 3

@WrathOfHan PLEASE UNBLOCK ME ON LETTERBOXD:

12x:

Terminator: Dark Fate: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Rocketman Dolby, Men in Black: International IMAX, Rocketman Round 2, Rocketman Round 3, Wild Rose, Crawl, The Art of Self-Defense, Spider-Man: Far from Home Round 2, Good Boys, The Kitchen, The Matrix Dolby

10x:

Blinded by the Light: Long Shot, Tolkien, A Dog’s Journey, The Sun Is Also a Star, The White Crow, The Biggest Little Farm, Spider-Man: Far from Home, Wild Rose, Booksmart Round 2, The Farewell

9x:

Dora and the Lost City of Gold: Shazam! IMAX, Little, Missing Link Dolby, Breakthrough, UglyDolls, Aladdin Dolby, The Secret Life of Pets 2 Dolby, Toy Story 4, Toy Story 4 Round 3

Downton Abbey: Green Book, On the Basis of Sex, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, The Mustang, Rocketman Dolby, The Dead Don’t Die, Late Night, Where’d You Go, Bernadette, The Peanut Butter Falcon

8x:

Gemini Man: Avengers: Endgame, Tolkien, Rocketman Dolby, Dark Phoenix Dolby, Rocketman Round 2, Rocketman Round 3, Crawl, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

It: Chapter 2: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Dark Phoenix Dolby, Shaft Dolby, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Round 2, Crawl, Good Boys, Apocalypse Now: Final Cut IMAX

7x:

The Angry Birds Movie 2: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Aladdin Dolby, Dora and the Lost City of Gold

6x:

Abominable: Dumbo, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, A Dog’s Journey, The Secret Life of Pets 2 Dolby, Dora and the Lost City of Gold

Angel Has Fallen: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Dark Phoenix Dolby, Men in Black: International IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Round 2, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby, Good Boys

The Goldfinch: Rocketman Dolby, Late Night, The Art of Self-Defense, Spider-Man: Far from Home Round 2, Blinded by the Light, The Kitchen

Judy: Pavarotti, Rocketman Round 2, The Farewell, The Farewell Round 2, Where’d You Go, Bernadette, The Peanut Butter Falcon

Joker: The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Men in Black: International IMAX, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 70mm, Apocalypse Now: Final Cut IMAX, The Matrix Dolby

Frozen II: Captain Marvel Dolby, Penguins, Toy Story 4, Toy Story 4 Round 3, Blinded by the Light, The Little Mermaid

5x:

Overcomer: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby

Where’d You Go, Bernadette?: Vice, If Beale Street Could Talk, Booksmart, Rocketman Dolby, Booksmart Round 2

The Kitchen: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Shaft Dolby, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, Rocketman Round 2, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

21 Bridges: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

4x:

My Spy: UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, The Sun Is Also a Star, Aladdin Dolby

The Addams Family: Missing Link Dolby, Toy Story 4, Booksmart Round 2, Dora and the Lost City of Gold

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, Apocalypse Now: Final Cut IMAX

Jumanji: The Next Level: Spider-Man: Far from Home, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby, Spider-Man: Far from Home Round 2, Apocalypse Now: Final Cut IMAX

Ready or Not: Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Crawl, The Art of Self-Defense, The Kitchen

Harriet: The Farewell, The Kitchen, The Farewell Round 2, The Peanut Butter Falcon

Charlie’s Angels: Spider-Man: Far from Home Round 2, Blinded by the Light, The Farewell Round 2, The Matrix Dolby

Ad Astra: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby, Apocalypse Now: Final Cut IMAX, The Farewell Round 2, The Matrix Dolby

3x:

Lucy in the Sky: Us Round 2 Dolby, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Tolkien
The Art of Racing in the Rain: Aladdin Dolby, Rocketman Dolby, The Biggest Little Farm
The Informer: Serenity, Extreme Job, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil: Aladdin Dolby, Booksmart, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby
47 Meters Down: Uncaged: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Child’s Play
Good Boys: The Beach Bum, Long Shot, Booksmart Round 2
Queen and Slim: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby, Good Boys, The Kitchen
The Current War: Wind River, Wild Rose, The Farewell Round 2
After the Wedding: Booksmart Round 2, The Farewell, The Farewell Round 2
Doctor Sleep: Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, The Matrix Dolby, Ready or Not
Onward: Spider-Man: Far from Home, Toy Story 4 Round 3, The Little Mermaid
Spies in Disguise: Toy Story 4, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, The Little Mermaid

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day
The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2
Trolls World Tour: Toy Story 4, Toy Story 4 Round 3
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Booksmart, Booksmart Round 2
Last Christmas: Good Boys, Blinded by the Light
The King’s Man: Good Boys, Apocalypse Now: Final Cut IMAX
Midway: Spider-Man: Far from Home, Angel Has Fallen Dolby
Black and Blue: The Kitchen, Angel Has Fallen Dolby
Playing with Fire: Dora and the Lost City of Gold, The Peanut Butter Falcon
Rambo: Last Blood: Angel Has Fallen Dolby, The Matrix Dolby
Knives Out: The Peanut Butter Falcon, Ready or Not