Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 hours ago, Porthos said:

Lots of rumors floating around the Twitterati that Dan Synder is going to have a VERY bad day tomorrow.

Won't repeat any of the gossip, but it does appear that a major, scandalous, story is allegedly going to drop on WaPo either tomorrow or Friday. Could just be the Twitterverse getting out of hand, but there does seem to be more than a few different sources of this rumormongering.

I'd say it's safe to say there's a fire at this point, and now it's a question of who makes it out. 

As you said, lots of rumormongering going on, including some that would go far beyond the scope of the organization. Since there are no movies to anticipate, I guess this drama will have to suffice. :lol:

We'll see.

• Like 1

@CJohn TVI is bleeding professionals. No, that's not a distasteful pun about Pedro Lima, although his loss counts too. Yesterday, Leonor Poeiras announced she's out. Today, they lost Patrícia Matos.

They also announced Ugly Betty In NY.

SIC, on the other hand, announced that Bruno Nogueira is coming and that Êta Mundo Bom is going to replace Amor à Vida. I wonder which channel is the one that's doing well.

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn HOLY SHIT, CRISTINA FERREIRA HAS LEFT SIC. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

She's back to TVI, apparently as director of programming, of Plural and just in general.

What in the ever loving shit even is this year?

They got the big one. TVI won. Insane day with Jesus and Cristina Ferrreira news.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Now for AWS to go down and take down the other half.

Reminder of what I posted at the start of this pandemic:

Expectations:

PmfwBfd.png\

Reality:

9YZOaUv.png

Turns out just needed to shuffle the names a bit on the first pic. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it's the 30th anniversary of this little gem

arachnophobia_xlg.jpg

watched it for the first time recently. I was under the impression it was just a slapstick comedy involving spiders but it was a lot better than that. It felt like it was trying to combine the tones of Gremlins and Jaws, and it does it well. Kind of been lost in the shuffle compared to the other Amblin flicks of the time but doesn't deserve to be

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3

Just now, John Marston said:

it's the 30th anniversary of this little gem

arachnophobia_xlg.jpg

watched it for the first time recently. I was under the impression it was just a slapstick comedy involving spiders but it was a lot better than that. It felt like it was trying to combine the tones of Gremlins and Jaws, and it does it well. Kind of been lost in the shuffle compared to the other Amblin flicks of the time but doesn't deserve to be

I used to watch both this and Eight Legged Freaks a lot as a kid and I honestly cannot tell the difference between either movie lol.

11 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I used to watch both this and Eight Legged Freaks a lot as a kid and I honestly cannot tell the difference between either movie lol.

Haven’t seen Eight Legged Freaks but that came out 12 years later and that was about giant mutant spiders I believe while Arachnophobia is about normal size spiders