Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 7/29/2020 at 7:03 PM, AndyK said:

Managed to get to see my dad for the first time since March.

He was 101 last month, still going strong and I still learn something new from his past each time I see him.

Nobody could even imagine what he has seen, some it of it beyond awful.

Forgot to mention what I learned....

My sister is dads carer and like many she likes to diet.

Dad always said to her "Never starve yourself, starving is horrible", she usually shrugs that off but this time his guard came down and the reason why came out.

You see, dad was born in a village near Lvov in Ukraine, he had 4 sisters and 3 brothers.

The family had a farm and lived a quit decent life.

One day the soviets came and they took the food... all of it, from all the farms.

Many people in the village and surrounding areas starved to death.

• Sad 3

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/cbs-all-access-70-viacomcbs-shows-2021-rebranding-1234720611/

ViacomCBS is playing the tonnage game with CBS All Access, paving the way for the launch of a renamed and bulked-up version of the direct-to-consumer streaming service in early 2021.

CBS All Access is adding 70 shows — representing more than 3,500 episodes in all — from legacy Viacom cable networks including BET, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon. The additional programming boosts CBS All Access’ title count to more than 20,000 TV episodes and movies, and ViacomCBS plans to up that to over 30,000 by the time it relaunches the service next year.

“It’s the first big step to transform All Access into the super-service we’ve been talking about,” said Marc DeBevoise, president/CEO of ViacomCBS Digital and ViacomCBS’s chief digital officer.

The new content, to be available starting Thursday, includes all past seasons of Nick’s “SpongeBob SquarePants” and all seasons of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” and “Rugrats”; all seasons of Comedy Central’s “Chappelle’s Show” and six prior seasons of “Reno 911!”; BET’s “Real Husbands of Hollywood” (all seasons) and all prior seasons of “Single Ladies”; all seasons of MTV’s “Laguna Beach” and “Snooki & Jwoww,” plus prior seasons of “Teen Mom 2,” “Jersey Show: Family Vacation” and “MTV Floribama Shore”; and prior seasons of VH1’s “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”

In addition, CBS All Access in 2021 plans to premiere a new original kids’ series, “Kamp Koral,” the first spinoff from Nick’s “SpongeBob SquarePants.” And, as previously announced, CBS All Access will also be the exclusive home to “The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run” in early 2021.

With the additional content, the pricing for the service will remain the same: $5.99 per month with ads and $9.99 monthly with no ads (with the exception of commercials in live programming). And, right now, DeBevoise doesn’t expect pricing to change with the rebranding in 2021.

The company doesn’t have a new name yet for CBS All Access, according to DeBevoise, who said ViacomCBS is working with several agencies on the rebranding launch.

One big change coming on the product front: The renamed subscription service will be split off from the CBS broadcast streaming service. Today, CBS All Access is built into the CBS app on most platforms, “and we intend to separate those in the long run,” DeBevoise said.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, filmlover said:

armiehammertweet.jpg

Tweets that he quickly deleted. I generally like Armie but he can be an idiot sometimes.

That's not bad lol. I honestly doubt anybody gives a crap about a tweet like that.  This, on the other hand, is creepy af and probably a more likely reason for people to not like anymore: https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/armie-hammer-exposed-for-cheating-on-wife-with-fans.3716378/

Edited by lorddemaxus

18 hours ago, filmlover said:

TIFF lineup announced. As expected, very few of the buzzy titles are premiering there.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/toronto-film-festival-2020-lineup-werner-herzog-regina-king-mira-nair-francois-ozon-naomi-kawase-1202999399/

Regina King's directorial debut is on there. Interested to see how that's received, she's a pretty fantastic actress

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Regina King's directorial debut is on there. Interested to see how that's received, she's a pretty fantastic actress

It also just got picked up by Amazon for a release later this year. They've mostly much fallen out of the awards race in recent years but maybe Queen King is the person they need to turn that around.

1 minute ago, A Marvel Fanboy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8574813/Conservative-journalist-stabbed-Portland-protests.html

Conservative journalist, 25, is stabbed in the back by Portland protester who he accused of following him - and claims he was targeted because he supports Trump

I see you're a Trump supporter? What do you think about the death of Herman Cain?

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I see you're a Trump supporter? What do you think about the death of Herman Cain?

Nope , not a Trump supporter. I just dont like Democratics unlike 99% people on the forum. I just googled who Herman Cain was... he seemed to be a good man. RIP.

Edited by A Marvel Fanboy

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/tampa-teen-accused-of-being-mastermind-behind-twitter-hack-that-targeted-high-profile-accounts/

Tampa teen accused of being ‘mastermind’ behind Twitter hack that targeted high-profile accounts

:rotfl:

Dude, to have your security beaten by a single kid...remind me to stay off Twitter...

51 minutes ago, A Marvel Fanboy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8574813/Conservative-journalist-stabbed-Portland-protests.html

Conservative journalist, 25, is stabbed in the back by Portland protester who he accused of following him - and claims he was targeted because he supports Trump

It’s terrible the guy was stabbed. 

I also think he’s got an over-inflated ego, I highly doubt people actually know who he is and would not only recognize him at night on a street but then specifically target him. 

So ex co worker just added me as a friend on Facebook today.

She was super flirty with me, and gave me hints that she wanted me to ask her out. This was before I was laid off.

Anyway, last week or so I told her friend at work I was planning on visiting our work to say hi to her and give her a treat. (And I said that I like her). But I never did go to our work to see her, is her adding me as a friend a hint from her?