Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Plain Old Tele said:

It doesn’t matter when an account is made, what matters is using it to circumvent a ban. 

probably his ex-girlfriend was just waiting for him to get banned so she could start posting. must have been a bad break up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

It doesn’t matter when an account is made, what matters is using it to circumvent a ban. 

39 minutes ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

It was made years ago. It also had the exact same IP address as JB had through thousands of posts and did not make any posts for three whole years until one day after JB's suspension. You don't find that even the tiniest bit suspicious? You seriously believe that all of a sudden this Blue Rose figure decided "gee golly willikers I haven't done jack shit with this account. Might as well start posting about what happened to the politics forum and how BLM protesters are bad three years later"? Sorry to say, but this is a weird look.

And it doesn't matter if other people are more annoying. He's broken the rules, made threads toxic, is an asshole, etc. Being better than other people doesn't excuse such behavior. And quite honestly, I feel like people like BKB and Jessie should have been banned ages ago and targeting towards rulebreaking should have been much more stricter back then, but I digress.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this (using the account just to blame the protests for the rising spread of the virus was bad) but he didn't get under my skin that much otherwise or made threads toxic to a high point (since some of his arguments seemed misinformed) and never saw the need to get into a heated argument. But I understand the reason behind the banning and not saying you won't went way too far. Again, I leave that up to you guys.

Edited by filmlover

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

pretty sure jessie has just come back too (nolan reeling them all back in baby), but he hasn't done anything too dickish yet.

Assuming Wonder Woman opens in four weeks (we'll probably know by the end of the weekend) we're about to get the most diehard funny book stans back too. Good sign for moviegoing life not changing too much post-COVID, I guess.

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I'm not disagreeing with any of this (using the account just to blame the protests for the rising spread of the virus was bad) but he didn't get under my skin that much otherwise or made threads toxic to a high point (since some of his arguments seemed misinformed) and never saw the need to get into a heated argument. But I understand the reason behind the banning and not saying you won't went way too far. Again, I leave that up to you guys.

Since it's 2020, and we've all found life is short, I also have gotten more easy-going...

I wouldn't have imagined pitching unbanning someone...but then I couldn't have imagined theaters shut almost 6 months...so in an era of "anything can happen", I could see an un-ban on a VERY short leash for 3-6 months (like a probationary member)...

But I can see keeping it, too:)...

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Since it's 2020, and we've all found life is short, I also have gotten more easy-going...

I wouldn't have imagined pitching unbanning someone...but then I couldn't have imagined theaters shut almost 6 months...so in an era of "anything can happen", I could see an un-ban on a VERY short leash for 3-6 months (like a probationary member)...

But I can see keeping it, too:)...

Glad to see someone else is the same way. :) There's just been so much bad shit this year (and we still have to get through these next two months for the election to finally get here god help us all but that's for another thread) that I have to look for the good in everyone these days.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tree said:

I know you can't block mods but is there a way to disable a moderator's signature? @Eric #RIPChadwick you have a youtube video in your sig and it fucks the forum up on my mobile

I believe there is. But if you want me to get rid of it, I’ll change it when I get home from work

1 minute ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

I believe there is. But if you want me to get rid of it, I’ll change it when I get home from work

Nah don't change it for me. You do you.

Just couldn't see a way to disable it for myself. On the blocking settings you can't select any moderator/admin.

25 minutes ago, tree said:

Nah don't change it for me. You do you.

Just couldn't see a way to disable it for myself. On the blocking settings you can't select any moderator/admin.

On desktop, there's a little 'X' to the top right corner of the signature and you can ignore it.

I have the first Guardians of the Galaxy on as background noise while doing some work this afternoon. That was such a fun box office run to track, from its bigger than expected opening weekend to reclaiming the top spot and staying there for three weekends after finishing second to Ninja Turtles in weeks 2 and 3.