Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the load times on the forum? I've basically stopped posting because its so frustrating  having to wait 20 seconds for every page to load. been happening for a few weeks now & on whatever device or pc i use.

The next few months are going to be terrible on the Covid front. yes, the vaccines are coming, but I think Fauci was eight in saying there is a light and the end of the tunnel, but the rest of the tunnel is going to be very dark indeed.

And we also need to keep up the other measures..wearing masks, social disticning, etc. Relaxing just because we have vaccines wold be a horrid mistake that would prolonge the pain.

On 12/10/2020 at 6:13 AM, Avatree said:

does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the load times on the forum? I've basically stopped posting because its so frustrating  having to wait 20 seconds for every page to load. been happening for a few weeks now & on whatever device or pc i use.

IMHO the software used to run the forum sucks.

I would much prefer a simpler system that might not have all the graphic bells and whistles but is more reliable.

As promised - a health update - and it was GOOD news!

For anyone who has been sending thoughts and prayers, thank you for all of them, and I'd ask you to keep them up on my behalf:)!

My numbers today, both WBC and ALC, were both down from November, reversing my slow continual trend up, and indicating that, while my genetic markers might have indicated a rapid progression, well, my actual blood count numbers are now definitely bucking the trend.  In fact, the numbers were so good across the board (for having chronic leukemia, anyway), that I now get every 3 month appts for 2021, not every 6 week ones:)...

PS - I got the Shingrix shot today, too...so as the doc said, by the time I finish this series and then have the requisite break before another vaccine, it should be just about time when Covid shots might be available (I'm hoping for the evidence that allergy sufferers can take the current ones...or one of the other 50 or so vaccines gets approved and here:)...so on to continued vaccination (I'm becoming a pin cushion, but I guess that's what happens when you pretty much get every old/er person series done 1 at a time:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 6