Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What were your thoughts on Timmy's SNL debut? I don't think you told us.

Like most SNL episodes, it was way too long and full of dead moments. The Lexus and baking show sketches were good, and Tiny Horse got a laugh out of me for how strange it was. The rest was...not so good, even with Timothee dressed up as Harry Styles at one point. But watching it live reminded me why I don't like sitting through a whole SNL episode and I'm glad I don't have to do this again until the promo for Dune happens next year.

Only other thing that I should mention is that the wig they put on Timothee for the Lexus ad is literally my haircut, and it threw me off for a while.

10 minutes ago, Eric Karga said:

Like most SNL episodes, it was way too long and full of dead moments. The Lexus and baking show sketches were good, and Tiny Horse got a laugh out of me for how strange it was. The rest was...not so good, even with Timothee dressed up as Harry Styles at one point. But watching it live reminded me why I don't like sitting through a whole SNL episode and I'm glad I don't have to do this again until the promo for Dune happens next year.

Only other thing that I should mention is that the wig they put on Timothee for the Lexus ad is literally my haircut, and it threw me off for a while.

Oh come on, the rapper skit was hilarious ("What got y'all into this?" "The car rats in the commercials." :hahaha:). Also the Dionne skit almost entirely because of Ego Nwodim's spot-on impersonation of Warwick. I didn't know about that real life feud between her and Wendy Williams lmao. 

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

As promised - a health update - and it was GOOD news!

For anyone who has been sending thoughts and prayers, thank you for all of them, and I'd ask you to keep them up on my behalf:)!

My numbers today, both WBC and ALC, were both down from November, reversing my slow continual trend up, and indicating that, while my genetic markers might have indicated a rapid progression, well, my actual blood count numbers are now definitely bucking the trend.  In fact, the numbers were so good across the board (for having chronic leukemia, anyway), that I now get every 3 month appts for 2021, not every 6 week ones:)...

PS - I got the Shingrix shot today, too...so as the doc said, by the time I finish this series and then have the requisite break before another vaccine, it should be just about time when Covid shots might be available (I'm hoping for the evidence that allergy sufferers can take the current ones...or one of the other 50 or so vaccines gets approved and here:)...so on to continued vaccination (I'm becoming a pin cushion, but I guess that's what happens when you pretty much get every old/er person series done 1 at a time:)...

AWESOME!!! 👏👏👏 May your good news continue. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eric Gardner said:

Sorry for not getting to this sooner, but I just got all three of them up!

Thank you! While you're at it should also add:

Soul

Wonder Woman 1984

The Midnight Sky

One Night in Miami

News of the World

Promising Young Woman

Since they'll all either be available to watch at home this weekend or will be within the next 3-4 weeks.

Massively annoyed for the moment, my 20y old meat grinder broke at 2 places, means I have now some pounds of meat and Pancetta to cut with a knife in very very small pieces.

All stores potentially selling thise are closed based on the lock-down.

My holiday cooking plans have to be changed too 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Sad 1

Washed up actor turned relgious wackjob  shows total ignorance of science and helps spread a deadly disease:

Guess he has times on his hands since he can't get any of his crappy DTV  movies funded anymore.

Edited by dudalb

18 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Massively annoyed for the moment, my 20y old meat grinder broke at 2 places, means I have now some pounds of meat and Pancetta to cut with a knife in very very small pieces.

All stores potentially selling thise are closed based on the lock-down.

My holiday cooking plans have to be changed too 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

result was: around 4.5h of cutting, vegetables included

But the family loved their meal, and I did freeze the major part (split up in portions/services), mens it was for 6-7 portions per person of our household, so maybe it was worth the effort, even if I could have done without the slightly sore fingers.

Will buy a new meat grinder.... thing in January or February, the one I like is sold out for the moment at the production company‘s web-store (all its parts beside the knifes and hole-plate are allowed to be put in a dishwasher, and its less complicated and wasteful than the old one)

• Like 2