Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Shia has had many issues throughout the 2010s and even earlier I'm sure. I believe he got arrested at some point, that time he wore a paper bag on his head during a red-carpet premiere, etc. I'm glad Olivia Wilde stood her ground and fired him and hopefully we start seeing that happen more often when an actor/actress can't behave. Tbh I thought Shia was actually turning things around but it seems like it'll be a while before he gets his shit together.

Edited by clockwork

2 minutes ago, clockwork said:

Shia has had many issues throughout the 2010s and even earlier I'm sure. I believe he got arrested at some point, that time he wore a paper bag on his head during a red-carpet premiere, etc. I'm glad Olivia Wilde stood her ground and fired him and hopefully we start seeing that happen more often when an actor/actress can't behave. Tbh I thought Shia was actually turning things around but it seems like it'll be a while before he gets his shit together.

It says in the article she has a "zero asshole policy" on her projects. That's what every filmmaker should have tbh.

It’s no big secret that I love Judy Garland.

I as far I am concerned, she is the only person who can sing “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.”  If you’ve only heard the recording, I highly suggest watching her film performance. Don’t just trust me.  As @Jake Gittes will tell you, it’s divine. 

Her character, Esther, sings it as a melancholy pick-me up to her kid sister, Tootie, as their family goes through a troubling holiday. (Fun Fact: the lyrics were actually darker, but Judy told Hugh Martin, the lyricist: “I am not singing that to a child!”)

This song always makes me cry, but this year it’s hitting just a little harder. To everyone out there:

Someday soon we all will be together in a theater auditorium,
If the fates allow.
Until then, we'll have to muddle through somehow.
So have yourself a merry little Christmas now

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wondy said:

It’s no big secret that I love Judy Garland.

I as far I am concerned, she is the only person who can sing “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.”  If you’ve only heard the recording, I highly suggest watching her film performance. Don’t just trust me.  As @Jake Gittes will tell you, it’s divine. 

Her character, Esther, sings it as a melancholy pick-me up to her kid sister, Tootie, as their family goes through a troubling holiday. (Fun Fact: the lyrics were actually darker, but Judy told Hugh Martin, the lyricist: “I am not singing that to a child!”)

This song always makes me cry, but this year it’s hitting just a little harder. To everyone out there:

Someday soon we all will be together in a theater auditorium,
If the fates allow.
Until then, we'll have to muddle through somehow.
So have yourself a merry little Christmas now

Song had a LOT of menaing when if came out in 1944, at the height or World War 2. when so many people wer ovreseas and in harm's way. I think the writers of the lyrics damn well knew this.

• Astonished 1