Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

broke the frame of my glasses last Friday, used it with one glass = not to recommend - it seems at least some people are sensitiv to mixing glass/no glass, and then get headaches. Me needing strong glasses (farsighted) and having to work for hours at excel / numbers lists might have contributed to that

Just in case someone else runs into a similar situation , I realized it only at day 2 as I was so focused on the lists...

(now got a smaller frame, they adapted the glasses, as virus reasons... the delivery of exchange parts would have token 3 days at best, if even in the shelves of the producer)

This forum is still alive? Hilarious stuff. Bury it. It is dead. End its misery.

Also, the lizard God vs the monkey gonna be the tits. Mine were certainly hard and on fire. Gonna need several condoms.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

This forum is still alive? Hilarious stuff. Bury it. It is dead. End its misery.

Also, the lizard God vs the monkey gonna be the tits. Mine were certainly hard and on fire. Gonna need several condoms.

CJohn’s tits are amazing. He is the dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Having no power for two and a half days fucking sucks! :gold::kitschjob::gold:

what part of Sac were you in.

In Arden Arcade we had a blackout Tuesday night but only lasted about an hour.

I should explain that Sacramento got hit by a violent storm Tuesday and Wenesday with very high winds that caused a lot of damage and power failures.

Edited by dudalb

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

what part of Sac were you in.

In Arden Arcade we had a blackout Tuesday night but only lasted about an hour.

I should explain that Sacramento got hit by a violent storm Tuesday and Wenesday with very high winds that caused a lot of damage and power failures.

South Sac.

As dudalb said, Sacto got hit by a massive storm with gusts up to 60mph Tue night.  Over 100k SMUD customers were without power at one time or another.

What happened locally is that a large tree limb falling down on a wire/flying through the air/who knows exactly took out a transformer on the top of a telephone poll down the street and just caused havoc in the immediate area.  Just sheered the top of the poll right off. 

Long story short, because it wasn't affecting that many people, at least compared to other parts of town, and because it was a lengthy repair, I just got full power back about an hour ago.  Did have low-voltage power for a short period time on Wed, but it was such shitty quality that I couldn't run anything with real power requirements (ie no TV, no computer, no hot water, no fridge, lights barely working and flickering when they did, etc). And even that went away in the middle of the night early Thr, so I had nothing at all since then until about an hour ago. 

Fun times.

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 4

15 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Here in LA the winds only brought emotional damage. 

(Okay, it’s really cold too.)

Heard there was snow in parts of SoCal! :o  Didn't check it out much though so no idea how widespread it was.