Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Sarah  Michelle Geller and Amber Benson (Tara) just tweeted their support for Carpenter.

Geller said although she will be forever proud to be associated with BUffy The Vampire Slayer she does not want to be associated with Joss Whedon. Ouch.

I am a huge fan of the Buffyverse and

Serenity;Iloved the first Avengers movie but if these stories about JL and now Buffy are true....and the evidence is mouting they are ...Joss Whedon is a huge asshole at best, another Harvey Weinstein if the worst is true.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Due to a little bargain with WB, I watched the first 3 episodes of Wandavision.

To say I’m not the target audience is the understatement of the decade. 😂

But shouldn't you be since they've been recreating old classic sitcoms from the good old days? :thinking:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Shouldn’t they try to make them funny then?

This has really bothered me throughout the whole show. The only TV I watch is sitcoms, so this should be my thing, but almost all the jokes fail to land for me. Maybe if they had some comedic talents in the parts this could have worked (Kathryn Hahn is the only one to really pull off the jokes here), but I just kind of smile and just kind of wait until we get to the mystery box stuff at the end. At the very least, the mystery is decent enough I guess to pull me through.

8 minutes ago, Eric Gardner said:

This has really bothered me throughout the whole show. The only TV I watch is sitcoms, so this should be my thing, but almost all the jokes fail to land for me. Maybe if they had some comedic talents in the parts this could have worked (Kathryn Hahn is the only one to really pull off the jokes here), but I just kind of smile and just kind of wait until we get to the mystery box stuff at the end. At the very least, the mystery is decent enough I guess to pull me through.

my two cents is, they should’ve hired a multicam director and worked with a staff of multicam writers for at least the first few episodes (I assume there’s less “comedy” later?) As it is, I felt it came off smug and snarky. 

(Combine that with my lack of MCU knowledge and my general dislike/hatred of the characters and the reasons for my reaction become clear.) 🤣

I've actually enjoyed the sitcom homages on WandaVision (haven't watched the latest episode yet). They're amusing if you know the sitcoms they are paying tribute to (I Love Lucy, Bewitched, etc.). They're also really cheesy, but then again, the shows themselves were cheesy products of their time to begin with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I've actually enjoyed the sitcom homages on WandaVision (haven't watched the latest episode yet). They're amusing if you know the sitcoms they are paying tribute to (I Love Lucy, Bewitched, etc.). They're also really cheesy, but then again, the shows themselves were cheesy products of their time to begin with.

Yeah, if you are not familiar wiht the Sitcoms you are not going to get half the jokes and parodies.

BTW the one the 1950's black and white episode really was big on was "THe Dick Van Dyke SHow".