Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

2020 and now 2021 have helped me get back in the former best shape I ever was, when I was in my early 20s:)...

Well Spring Training is when baseball players are supposed to be In the Best Shape of Their Lives™, so you're just following in their footsteps! 👍

(also, fantastic to hear! Here's to much much much more on that front!)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

You do realise those communities are still suffering right and America is still systematically oppressing them? And America is still erasing tons of people through their overseas military intervention. Anyways, I don't really care about this contest about which country is worse and has nothing to do with the points I'm making, which is specifically about the images which are very, very clear racist and the sensationalist headlines. The image of a Chinese dragon looming over American university students is not saying anything about the Chinese government. You think someone see this disgusting image and thinks about the Chinese governement?: EwsvE28UcAQJHTe?format=jpg&name=small

By your logic Trump also attacked the Chinese government specifically and so has no blame in this too. 

that's literally a cartoon drawing of President Xi. What the hell are you on about lmao

15 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

No I'm quite sure it's xenophobia and resentment of minority groups having the same rights they do is what encourages white male mass-murderers to hate their minority victims.

The number of hate crime victims in America was steadily declining for much of the Obama presidency (reaching a 20-year low in 2014) before having the biggest spike since 9/11 in 2017.

I didn't know that, that's interesting. 

I was specifically talking about mass shootings though and research like this - https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/10/mass-shootings-increasing-harvard-research/#

Seems to show that mass shootings have occurred much more rapidly since the 21st century. 

IMO, people who are racist, or have other xenophobic beliefs, have felt increasingly under attack in the last 10+ years, and felt isolated, which causes them to act with this violence.

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

IMO, people who are racist, or have other xenophobic beliefs, have felt increasingly under attack in the last 10+ years, and felt isolated, which causes them to act with this violence.

Tough shit. If they decide that the best way to react to being called out for their toxicity is to murder people that says all about them and nothing about wokeness or identity politics or whatever the fuck.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

Tough shit. If they decide that the best way to react to being called out for their toxicity is to murder people that says all about them and nothing about wokeness or identity politics or whatever the fuck.

Already really strong contender for the BOFFY 2022 right here

• Like 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-bristol-56461796

Some people's stupidity is amusing. Our whole country is getting fed up with people thinking they can protest during the pandemic so our government is trying to push through a bill that will give police more power to disperse crowds should they become a nuisance. So the bright people of Bristol decided to 'peacefully' protest against this by scorching police vans and attacking police leaving a few hospitalised. One office had his lung punctured after being stamped on.

The bright side here is these kids have proven to the country why our police need more powers in situations like these so thankfully their 'protest' backfired massively. Finally our country is waking up to the large amount of thugs deciding that getting drunk and vandalising with their mates can be passed off as a protest.

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 1

Dec 2020: we’ve invented Covid vaccines within a year, that’s amazing

Feb 2021: wow we’ve landed a craft on Mars, that’s incredible

March 2021: please..... the big boat, it’s very stuck

Edited by AndyK
  • Haha 1