Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Ooh hoo hoo this was a wonderful thing to see in my subscription feed. This video really does an amazing job explaining why Timothee is such a beautiful sweetheart and what he truly represents for the masculinity of today.

Btw if you haven't subscribed to The Take, you guys really should. All their videos, especially when it comes to tackling and analyzing tropes, is utterly fantastic!

5 hours ago, Eric Bombay said:

Ooh hoo hoo this was a wonderful thing to see in my subscription feed. This video really does an amazing job explaining why Timothee is such a beautiful sweetheart and what he truly represents for the masculinity of today.

We need to assemble a prayer circle that Dune and The French Dispatch make all the money and win all the awards. It's been a rough year for anything CMBYN-related (between the other star being accused of a heinous crime and the Pixar CMBYN being turned into a Disney+ exclusive).

Also between the Chauvin verdict (thank god he was found guilty) and Rudin being dropped, there was also this bit of good news. This is the same guy Brendan Fraser accused of sexual assault so nice to know he's also a racist too. An overdue comeuppance. 

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Also between the Chauvin verdict (thank god he was found guilty) and Rudin being dropped, there was also this bit of good news. This is the same guy Brendan Fraser accused of sexual assault so nice to know he's also a racist too. An overdue comeuppance. 

And now:

@Porthos reading a Grant article on the Athletic about a Bryce Harper what if and the comment section is screaming that calling San Francisco "San Fran" is a mortal sin and that was enough reason it was ok the Giants didn't sign Harper.

The more you know I guess.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos reading a Grant article on the Athletic about a Bryce Harper what if and the comment section is screaming that calling San Francisco "San Fran" is a mortal sin and that was enough reason it was ok the Giants didn't sign Harper.

The more you know I guess.

As a Sacramentan I take a fair amount of pride and delight in tweaking folks who actually get annoyed at "San Fran" and "Frisco".

Like, folks, get over yourselves.  The more you bitch about "San Fran" and "Frisco" the more I'm gonna use it. :lol: 

===

And, yes, while some (most?) of it is performative in nature, there is absolutely a contingent of folks who hate "The City" being called "San Fran".  And don't you dare call it "Frisco".

If I didn't know better, I'd say it was a subtle sign of an inferiority complex over the amount of attention the Bay Area gets relative to Los Angeles (never mind other cities in the US).

Mostly though I think folks who get upset at that are just being conceited and should get over themselves. 👍 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1