Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Founder / Operator
On 5/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Mixed on changes, but some changes I would like to see.

1. Smaller font size
  2. The page number are now not visible, please make them.
    image.png
  3. the edit option for post is not direct button but have to click on "..." button and then edit. please make it direct button.
  4. @Shawn Not able to embed Google Sheets charts now. Please check

What I will like to continue

1. Minimising of big quoted post and option to expand them if someone wants.
  2. will update

Thanks, Charlie! Working on a few of these and some others. 

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Very counterintuitive, but if you click on the customizer (to the right of messages) and move the slider for "larger font size" it actually shrinks the size back to what it used to be.

H/t @Ethan Hunt who apparently found out from @cookie

Yeah, this is a new feature in the forum platform that confused me too. Looking to see if there's an option to just set a default "smaller" font size without having to click that button.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Yeah, this is a new feature in the forum platform that confused me too. Looking to see if there's an option to just set a default "smaller" font size without having to click that button.

I can't help but wonder if Invision's intended functionality was to have the smaller size be default and the slider actually increase the text size, as indicated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Very counterintuitive, but if you click on the customizer (to the right of messages) and move the slider for "larger font size" it actually shrinks the size back to what it used to be.

Thanks. This works.  And I see page numbers are done as well.

Thanks @Shawn

• Like 1

Found a small, but irritating, bug @Shawn.

If one clicks on the "go to page number" box and tries to type in a number, the numbers that are typed in are completely invisible.  They can be highlighted though, so I reckon it is similar to the page number bug you just squished.

uvpzOub.png

Along those lines, whatever the page number someone is viewing is also a white text on a white box as seen here:  

mNoZi0z.png

Same deal with highlighting.

Thanks for all the work getting all the irritating quirks and bugs fixed, BTW. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

• Founder / Operator
9 hours ago, Porthos said:

Found a small, but irritating, bug @Shawn.

If one clicks on the "go to page number" box and tries to type in a number, the numbers that are typed in are completely invisible.  They can be highlighted though, so I reckon it is similar to the page number bug you just squished.

uvpzOub.png

Along those lines, whatever the page number someone is viewing is also a white text on a white box as seen here:  

mNoZi0z.png

Same deal with highlighting.

Thanks for all the work getting all the irritating quirks and bugs fixed, BTW. :)

Yep, this is on the to-do list as well. :)

• Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 2:18 AM, Jason said:

Thank you ❤️

• Like 1

• Community Manager

They did not make it easy to figure out the default font size scaling setting. Part of the problem is there's now a font scale feature which is messing up the default font sizes you get on posts.

1 hour ago, Eric the Jigsaw Killer said:

I keep forgetting A Million Little Things exists but I guess enough people watch the "nobody cares" version of This Is Us for ABC to keep it on the air (since they just renewed it for a 4th season, meanwhile This Is Us just announced the upcoming 6th season will be its last so we'll see if this sticks around for as long).

On 5/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, filmlover said:

I keep forgetting A Million Little Things exists but I guess enough people watch the "nobody cares" version of This Is Us for ABC to keep it on the air (since they just renewed it for a 4th season, meanwhile This Is Us just announced the upcoming 6th season will be its last so we'll see if this sticks around for as long).

The showrunners of This Is Us said it was only going to have six seasons a few years back; they're actually sticking to it. Also, Sterling K Brown probably wasn't going to stay any longer and it's not a procedural where they can just bring in new doctors/lawyers/firefighters and the story can keep going. 

But good for A Million Little Things sticking around, as a ripoff version of another show, it's done a lot better than those Mad Men wannabes like The Playboy Club and Pan Am.

58 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The showrunners of This Is Us said it was only going to have six seasons a few years back; they're actually sticking to it. Also, Sterling K Brown probably wasn't going to stay any longer and it's not a procedural where they can just bring in new doctors/lawyers/firefighters and the story can keep going. 

But good for A Million Little Things sticking around, as a ripoff version of another show, it's done a lot better than those Mad Men wannabes like The Playboy Club and Pan Am.

Oh yeah, I knew they had announced This Is Us wouldn't be going past six seasons a year or so ago but it's still good to see that they're sticking with it (especially with COVID-19 altering production on everything and even being incorporated in the show's reality). No one has patience for shows that are overextending their welcomes in this day and age anyway, plus the cast has enjoyed active careers outside of the show.

A Million Little Things has also outlasted all those Lost wannabes that premiered around 2009-2010 when that show was ending (Flash Forward, The Event, etc.).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ACSlater said:

F*cking crypto...thought I might be able to retire early the way it was going before it started shitting itself...

A couple of christmas's back I fell for the hype, bought Ethererum at 700 for 450 dollars. A few months later i was -85% so just forgot about it. Signed in last week to see it had taken me out at 600%  profit.

Moral is to be patient, cryptos always correct after huge gains, atleast it hasn't crashed 

Edit: Looks like it crashed 😄

Edited by Chicago