Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 hours ago, Eric the Jigsaw Killer said:

The disrespect towards Grogu smh

In all seriousness, I feel like Wyatt Russell kind of counts? Not sure if he got any new deals or signed on to anything after F&WS, and I know he's done other stuff before, but nobody saw Overlord, so I think it qualifies.

22 jump street 

20 hours ago, Eric the Jigsaw Killer said:

The disrespect towards Grogu smh

In all seriousness, I feel like Wyatt Russell kind of counts? Not sure if he got any new deals or signed on to anything after F&WS, and I know he's done other stuff before, but nobody saw Overlord, so I think it qualifies.

The disrespect towards Everybody Wants Some!! smh.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, filmlover said:

Is Olivia Rodrigo the first major breakout star to come from a Disney+ show (since the Star Wars and Marvel shows tend to feature established actors)? Feel like I've seen her name everywhere all of a sudden.

She was the lead in a Disney Channel show (which had one of the Paul brothers 😬) for a few years before HSMTMTS, so probably can't say the Disney+ show was her breakout. 

GUYS I KNOW WYATT RUSSELL WAS IN OTHER STUFF

When I say "breakout star" I mean something where it's the first major role that gives them massive attention. Russell's stuff previously were supporting roles or in little-seen fare, so I feel him being in a big Marvel production, getting an iconic scene in said production, and getting his name heard from the people qualifies here as "breakout star". Like it's obvious K-Stew was a breakout from Twilight, not Catch that Kid.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Fixed that for ya.

Yeah, that's another good one. She had plenty of work before Twilight and would have continued to get roles (leading ones at that) without the franchise, so don't really count it as a breakout. 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:16 PM, Eric De Vil said:

@Plain Old Tele Just throwing it out there that I have not seen The Irishman, but I have now seen all eight episodes of The Big Show Show.

Let me also throw it out there I still have not seen The Irishman, but I have watched all 10 episodes of The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers...I'm so glad I'm in charge of the Scorsese countdown you guys.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

On 5/29/2021 at 8:32 AM, AndyK said:

When Palestinians rocket attack Israel, is it really appropriate to put "Free Palestine" in the thread title?

Get some bloody perspective in your lives.

A young left leaning site sticking up for violent protests? Im shocked 

Anyways, i stopped being sorry for Palestine after about the 10th rocket, eventually you have to accept that playing stupid games gets you stupid prizes

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 1