Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

@Porthos

Baseball is pain 

While watching the Giants game I hear that Tatis, who is on my fantasy team, hits a mammoth 3 run home run:

Screen_Shot_2018-03-07_at_2.08.13_PM.jpg

then I remember he's playing the 'stros. :kitschjob:

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

While watching the Giants game I hear that Tatis, who is on my fantasy team, hits a mammoth 3 run home run:

Screen_Shot_2018-03-07_at_2.08.13_PM.jpg

then I remember he's playing the 'stros. :kitschjob:

I've watched through 4 straight extra innings losses. Make it make sense

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I've watched through 4 straight extra innings losses. Make it make sense

Manfred is the devil for keeping the extra innings ghost runner rule this year, and we're all in hell suffering for our sins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Off topic, but one of these days we’re going to have to address CyberPunk 2077. One of the most incredible entertainment flops in modern history. People were so amped for this game they harassed journalist that reported that staff on the title were being overworked and underpaid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJG said:

Off topic, but one of these days we’re going to have to address CyberPunk 2077. One of the most incredible entertainment flops in modern history. People were so amped for this game they harassed journalist that reported that staff on the title were being overworked and underpaid.

Not as big a fiasco as "Hellgate:london" though.

It's another example of something common in the  video game industry: The idea you can take a sucessful game engine in one genre and have a automatic sucess with it in another. Cybeprunk used the Witcher enging, but without the Witchers sucess.

Edited by dudalb

23 hours ago, AJG said:

It's a real shame because CDPR were always seen as the good guys of the gaming industry. Give it time, its not even available on PS store now. I think CDPR can make a comeback in a few years when the game is eventually fixed but the real money wont come in until they make it online. It's actually superb on desktop. My main complaint is the lack of driving missions, i feel like there was an obvious gap in its content despite offering alot to chew on.

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

Not as big a fiasco as "Hellgate:london" though.

It's another example of something common in the  video game industry: The idea you can take a sucessful game engine in one genre and have a automatic sucess with it in another. Cybeprunk used the Witcher enging, but without the Witchers sucess.

The Witcher 3 was also plauged with bugs upon release too but years of updates later and now its considered one of the greatest games ever made. I'm hoping with the teams director getting replaced, we will see some much needed improvements come the end of the year. 

The Witcher 3 had more performance issues than bugs I would say, at least on console, but even on release, it was always very warmly received by fans and critics alike.

I'm not sure there's a point of return for Cyberpunk 2077. The problem with Cyberpunk 2077 goes beyond bugs too, the open world they've created is clearly done on a high budget, but little creativity and attention to detail to separate it from the rest. The game is perfectly competent excusing any bugs, but there's just not a lot of there...there. I mean I felt like I experienced all the game had to offer after 15-20 hours and the story and side quests never got engaging enough to continue going through the loop. Yes I played on PC.

Edited by MrPink

• Founder / Operator
On 5/30/2021 at 7:39 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

the fonts are big again @Shawn :whosad:

Looking into it again... not sure what happened.

EDIT: Try switching that toggle back on now, should look normal (still waiting on the permanent fix solution).

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Not really surprised: I think a large segment of the Facebook mom fans couldn't have cared less about Chris Harrison's comments defending Antebellum balls...

But a lot of the non-white contestants said they'd skip Bachelor In Paradise if he hosted it. Also, his salary has to be huge after nearly 20 years hosting, ABC is probably not averse to cutting him loose for economic reasons alone.

Comedians, though...there's a small but loud contingent of the Bachelor fambase that is very SJW and always disappointed that dating show influencers aren't using their platforms to speak out on the political/social issues of the day, and instead just shill beauty products and post sponsored content. So, I wonder if there will be vetting of the guest hosts by the Bachelor fans who fancy themselves as activists, and unearthing of un-PC jokes in an attempt to hold these guest stars "accountable".

Speaking of which, the Ellie Kemper thing...all these headlines about it being a Klan event, when the thing was integrated before she was born and decades before she attended it? Let's "cancel" everyone who ever went to church, universities that were segregated once (even if it ended a long time before they got there) or set foot inside a country club...

1 hour ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Between this, all the hype surrounding the show finally having its first black lead, and that other dude becoming "The First Gay Bachelor" after coming out of the closet, I feel like I've heard more about the whole Bachelor franchise in the media the past few months than I have in its nearly 20 year existence.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lost is so good fam. I am halfway through season 2. Why did nobody tell me before this was actual greatness?!

And with this post, CJohn outs himself for never reading any of this board's Best TV series of All Time countdowns. 👍

Also, did you never wonder where @4815162342 got his handle from? :lol: 

• Haha 2