Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, Eric E Coyote said:

Who actually watches Apple shows? I'm convinced all the people recommending Ted Lasso online are pretending they actually saw it.

Considering the rumors going around about an A24 sale, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Apple are the ones that end up acquiring given their recent collaborations them if it really happens (and see their stock go up because of it).

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

WTF

This just became a must watch, hopefully it gets picked up for release here by Madman (or another distributor) but if not will watch once it comes to Disc/digital. 

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

WTF

I didn't even know there was a Celine Dion biopic in the works lol. Though reading about it sounds like it's one of those unauthorized biopics about someone meant to be a stand-in for her since they obviously couldn't use the music (meaning no one will ever see the movie).

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I didn't even know there was a Celine Dion biopic in the works lol. Though reading about it sounds like it's one of those unauthorized biopics about someone meant to be a stand-in for her since they obviously couldn't use the music (meaning no one will ever see the movie).

Don't think there is a thread about Roadrunner, so I'll put this here:

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT NOISE!!!

Also?

"If you watch the film other than that line you mentioned you probably don't know what other lines are that were spoken by the A.I. and you're not going to know"

and the super smarmy 

"We can have a documentary-ethics panel about it later"

tumblr_otxmfh6x2K1siyzeso1_400.gifv

It's one thing to have something like this for a performance which on some level is known to be fictional.  I want to get the estate's permission and the estate 100% needs to be paid for any fictional use of an actor's likeness/voice.  Still, fictional performance is just that: A performance.

But a documentary?  Where you are allegedly showing the real life pain of someone?

Edited by Porthos
Forum software prematurely posted post and I had to edit the rest in
  • ...wtf 3

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Don't think there is a thread about Roadrunner, so I'll put this here:

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT NOISE!!!

Also?

"If you watch the film other than that line you mentioned you probably don't know what other lines are that were spoken by the A.I. and you're not going to know"

and the super smarmy 

"We can have a documentary-ethics panel about it later"

It's one thing to have something like this for a performance which on some level is known to be fictional.  I want to get the estate's permission and the estate 100% needs to be paid for any fictional use of an actor's likeness/voice.  Still, fictional performance is just that: A performance.

But a documentary?  Where you are allegedly showing the real life pain of someone?

Yeah, oof for sure. 

Edit: also, Jesus, apparently they didn’t even try to interview Asia Argento.

Edited by Plain Old Tele

On 7/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

I posted this in my Stoneypoint thread but figured the CC would get a little more traffic. :lol: 

Anyhoo, here’s the new movie coming soon from Stoneypoint. I edited and produced it. Share it around! 

It’s a contemporary drama/fantasy — “1/3 Cheers, 1/3 Touched by An Angel, 1/3 Twilight Zone” is how one of our stars described it. Maybe a dash of Quantum Leap too. 

David Chokachi (Baywatch) is Dog, the owner of an extraordinary New York dive bar called The Dog House. Alongside him are his sons, Jess (upcoming star Aaron Fors) and Mo (Adam Jacobs, Broadway's original Aladdin), their mother Mary (Yancy Butler, Witchblade), and brooding playwright Simon (Parker Stevenson, The Umbrella Academy). They all have special – one could even say biblical – powers, and when three strangers enter the bar at closing time, this special family helps guide them through their troubled pasts to bring them to spiritual and mental peace.

So it’s here, y’all. Spread the word, rent or buy if you’re interested. 

http://www.stoneypoint-entertainment.com/last-call-in-the-dog-house/

We’ve got it on streaming, or good old-fashioned discs if you wanna go that route. 

:ohmygod:

• Like 1