Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

TLOU2 is getting great reviews. 95 on MC

The negative Polygon review for this game is just odd. They're comparing the post-apocalyptic world of The Last of Us to today's COVID-19 world and saying that it should have more parallels to that. They're saying that the game should have people joining together to fight for marginalized people (like the BLM protests irl) and that's just an incredibly dumb criticism.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

The negative Polygon review for this game is just odd. They're comparing the post-apocalyptic world of The Last of Us to today's COVID-19 world and saying that it should have more parallels to that. They're saying that the game should have people joining together to fight for marginalized people (like the BLM protests irl) and that's just an incredibly dumb criticism.

:hahaha:

9 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Based on what I can read the only real issue was the barricades with preventing police paramedics and firefighters from responding to situations quickly.

However that has been resolved.

However it really shows you how messed up the American news situation is because based on what you read it's either the paris commune or just some protestors sitting around.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

That new Dave Chappelle video about George Floyd is so good. Powerful stuff.

Then you see that cringey video with all the those white celebrities about racism. Smh. They somehow topped the Gal Gadot sing along video. 

Likely the most serious I seen Chappelle ever. 

Its rather telling when a Comedian articulates the problems better then our politicians. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Why are Indians (Asians in general) so racist? Was watching Da 5 Bloods at home on my TV and my dad was going on a shitty racist rant about Black people. Completely destroyed my mood for finishing the movie. I know I'm not the only one in an Asian immigrant family to deal with this kind of crap and its just cringe. I'm probably going to give my thoughts on the movie once I complete it but it's probably going to be lower because I was distracted for about a quarter of the movie.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why are Indians (Asians in general) so racist? Was watching Da 5 Bloods at home on my TV and my dad was going on a shitty racist rant about Black people. Completely destroyed my mood for finishing the movie. I know I'm not the only one in an Asian immigrant family to deal with this kind of crap and its just cringe. I'm probably going to give my thoughts on the movie once I complete it but it's probably going to be lower because I was distracted for about a quarter of the movie.

Just watch Hasan Minhaj's Patriot Act cliip about George Floyd.

I know the feeling. I have to be better about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Based on what I can read the only real issue was the barricades with preventing police paramedics and firefighters from responding to situations quickly.

However that has been resolved.

However it really shows you how messed up the American news situation is because based on what you read it's either the paris commune or just some protestors sitting around.

The media is a problem. Legit.

One of the few things Trump spouts that I actually agree with. They're out of control and fake as it gets.

5 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

That new Dave Chappelle video about George Floyd is so good. Powerful stuff.

Then you see that cringey video with all the those white celebrities about racism. Smh. They somehow topped the Gal Gadot sing along video. 

Cringey is putting it mildly. They're trying way too hard. This white obsession with self-flagellation is really becoming a thing now. You guys talk about Green Book but that video is GB on steroids.

It's been a big day for digital premieres. I caught Da 5 Bloods this morning and loved it, and I'm also planning on checking out The King of Staten Island at some point this weekend. I'll also get to Artemis Fowl eventually, if only because a.) It's basically free, and b.) The title of Dan Murrell's YouTube review has sold me on its potential as a fun ironic watch.

Edited by Webslinger