Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

And nothing to see at the China India border. 

Move along now. 

Incidents like these sparked wars 100 years ago. Im ... im beginning to get a little bit nervous about Asia

• Like 1

Had some free time and decided to check out Peacock, since my family got it early being X1 owners, and we're getting the premium version for free. At first glance it's..adequate.

It's less Netflix or D+ and more of an NBC-themed Pluto TV, with it having the same "channel" functionality, but with highlights from Fallon and SNL and NBC News and The Office. The one thing it does have over Pluto TV, at least from what I've seen, is a better streaming section. Their TV stuff is fine on paper, with a lot of random sitcoms and NBC shows thrown in the mix. Kind of the big issue is that a lot of the stuff they have are also on Hulu or Netflix, which have a greater variety of content, though I'm sure Uni will pull those movies off those services in a few years. Also a lot of shows, like the Chicagos and the Will & Grace revival do the Hulu thing where only the most recent season is available.

Their film selection is pretty solid though, considering a lot of their catalog is on HBO or Hulu or Netflix. One thing that's really cool is they have a row dedicated to 1930s cinema, with a lot of the Universal Monster movies, and a row dedicated to Hitchcock movies, so it's nice to see Uni use their classic library. Was also kind of cool that there was a Latino section dedicated to Spanish-language shows. Kind of surprised no other streaming service thought about that.

It's kind of empty, but I guess it's alright if you're into NBC and Universal, and it'll probably get better in the years to come.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 1:10 AM, DeeCee said:

And nothing to see at the China India border. 

Move along now. 

I mentioned the situation to my friend, and they didn't want to hear it. Not that what's happening in America, or JK Rowling's comments aren't a big deal for example, but it sorta does show a "first world privilege" when you can't divide your attention even for a second to recognize what else is happening in the world. 

• Like 1

This white run organization allegedly collected $35 million, and only used $200k to actually bail out protesters.

Those of us in the real Black grassroots have been getting folks out of jail on our own.

This is why we have to stop the coopt#NoAntiBlackRacism https://twitter.com/MNFreedomFund/status/1272726417650995202 

And this is why you have to thoroughly vet who you give money to...I feel bad for everyone who gave money expecting it to have an immediate effect.  Right now, it's not going to...and it may never, since this was only outed accidentally by the fund itself...who has finally stopped accepting donations it wasn't using...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And this is why you have to thoroughly vet who you give money to...I feel bad for everyone who gave money expecting it to have an immediate effect.  Right now, it's not going to...and it may never, since this was only outed accidentally by the fund itself...who has finally stopped accepting donations it wasn't using...

Could be true that they have an hard time finding bail to pay:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/10/minneapolis-looters-released-jail-without-bail/

Seem like 98% of people get out bail free.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Could be true that they have an hard time finding bail to pay:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/10/minneapolis-looters-released-jail-without-bail/

Seem like 98% of people get out bail free.

Then, they should have stopped accepting money long before that...folks could have given to many other causes that would help...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

This white run organization allegedly collected $35 million, and only used $200k to actually bail out protesters.

Those of us in the real Black grassroots have been getting folks out of jail on our own.

This is why we have to stop the coopt#NoAntiBlackRacism https://twitter.com/MNFreedomFund/status/1272726417650995202 

Many mainstream groups pretty latch onto issue as a Cause célèbre to pad their collections for the year. 

Best to donate to groups that have a proven track record on such issues or directly related to a specific goal and purpsoe. 

• Like 1