Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

47 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Thanks for reminding me this exists.

What a classic!

"My Own Brother a God Damned Shit Sucking Vampire! WAIT TILL MOM FINDS OUT!"

"Oh great! The Blood Sucking Brady Bunch"

And one of my favorite last lines in a movie

"THat is one thing about Santa Carita I could never stand: All the damn Vampires."

Joss Whedon cheerfully admits that "Lost Boys" was a huge influence on "Buffy The Vampire Slayer".

Easily Joel Shumacher's best movie. Hard to belive the guy who made that also made a POS like "Batman And Robin".

I got an addiotnal kick from the movie because I am so damn familiar with Santa Cruz, California, where "Lost Boys" was filmed.

"

"

26 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

It is a shame that Asimov's "Sci-Fi universe" was never adapted on the big screen (give or take a... I Robot...), but this is better than nothing I guess. Finally Apple's money has the potential to be wisely wasted.

As a huge fan of Asimov's Foundation, I am very,very, skeptical of this doing justice to the books.

37 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Can someone explain the the last of us 2 controversy?

I liked the first game and now uncertain to play the 2nd one.

Mostly because the fanbase treats this franchise like its a simple superhero franchise where the good guys win in the end and "Joel and Ellie are the good guys" or something eventhough the storytelling right from the start is more sophisticated and the characters more morally ambigious than that. Also LGBTQ characters existing is the reason for a lot of folks (the kind who would review-bomb metacritic).

40 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Basically: Many people (like me) have big issues with the direction of the story and some central character choices and behaviours. Many other people seem to have no problems with these decisions thus we have a divide.

20 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Just a bunch of idiots getting worked up over nothing.

Sorry but thats not true. Sure, you have some typical idiots with nonsense complaints about the LGBT elements, but most people who dislike the game just have serious issues with the storytelling.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Basically: Many people (like me) have big issues with the direction of the story and some central character choices and behaviours. Many other people seem to have no problems with these decisions thus we have a divide.

Sorry but thats not true. Sure, you have some typical idiots with nonsense complaints about the LGBT elements, but most people who dislike the game just have serious issues with the storytelling.

Careful you sound like me talking about a certain film 😅😅😅😅

It's just that I really enjoyed the first game so I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Careful you sound like me talking about a certain film 😅😅😅😅

It's just that I really enjoyed the first game so I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

I always understood why so many people disliked The Last Jedi. To this day i disagree with most of the complaints, but i can understand them. Just happens to be that im on the negative side this time. Opinions man, theyre just that, highly subjective.

And by all accouts try the game yourself. Just because i or others hate some decisions doesnt mean you coundt love it. The game design, graphics and character models are all top-notch, its really simply the story that makes it or breaks it for many people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Don't know much about these games but it has 4/10 on Metacritic user ratings with 70% of user reviews negatives so it can only mean two things:

- it is an online game and servers crashed the first week of release, or

- someone is gay or black.

• ...wtf 1

16 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Don't know much about these games but it has 4/10 on Metacritic user ratings with 70% of user reviews negatives so it can only mean two things:

- it is an online game and servers crashed the first week of release, or

- someone is gay or black.

Its really just the mix of typical review-bombing trolls plus many people who are disappointed with actual valid reasoning. Also, people with negative attitudes seem to rate movies and games way more often than people with positive opinions.

I dunno probably has something to do with this bandwagonn-mentality that exploded after Last Jedi at the latest. Its sad and stupid because that way many people dont even want to discuss their reasonings, it just becomes this We vs Them Mentality.

Funny, seeing it that way kinda reminds me of Democrats vs Republicans ... but thats a hole i really dont want do dig any further 😅

14 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I don’t know if I buy that.  Not saying it’s your issue, but from the negative reviews I glanced over that were review bombing MC, many of them had the same dumb phrases like “SJW”, “agenda”, “LGBT Agenda”, “political correctness”, etc.

Review bombing in general is a bad look for the people complaining about something.  Especially when review bombing starts prior to the point where it was even possible for those reviewing to have feasibly finished the game (talking about release date).  

Id say it’s best not to conflate your own opinions when people are describing the general vitriol reactions the game is getting.  This extends in general for movies and such to, when a movie starts getting a toxic online reaction, you don’t have to defend the toxicity just because you didn’t end up liking the film.

(Given I haven’t played the game, I’m not debating or arguing about it’s quality, just that the general reaction fits the same mold as internet vitriol towards different movies which usually featured complaining about some political agenda as a theme of the review bombing)

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

it's the 25th anniversary of the Mel Gibson/Christian Bale epic Pocahontas 

pocahontas.jpg

seriously though, this movie was a disappointment on all fronts when it came out since it didn't make anywhere close to The Lion King and apparently Disney themselves were hoping it would get a Best Picture nomination like Beauty and the Beast! Lol