Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 hours ago, CJohn said:

The Sunday nights are a hot mess. Everyone is flopping except RTP with The Voice. It was able to lead one week ago!

I was expecting a bigger number for Bem Me Quer. Marketing seemed to be on point. Even RAP is slipping ratings wise for SIC. The last show barely did 20% share.

The new Big Brother is such an insane thing. Gonna tank so hard. Like people are gonna tune in for Claudio Ramos now. TVI wasted all that goodwill with the new BB.

Cristina losing a few weeks ago in the morning part of the show was such an event on itself. And Golpe de Sorte... ooof. Guess you cant go back to a big hit a year later.

The Voice is one of those once in a lifetime hits RTP will rarely ever get again. This past week it did fell to third, though, but Big Brother and Don't Tell The Bride didn't do much better.

Tbh I don't think marketing was on point for Bem Me Quer. The promos were few and a bit broken, and even online they didn't really try that hard to ramp up excitement among teens with all of the influencers in the soap. Only the outdoors marketing was good. But both Amar Demais and especially Quer o Destino had better marketing, the latter having the best marketing for a TVI soap in years.

I'm pretty sure the last RAP did cross 15% rating, but yeah, he's been slipping too. He was hit hard by The Voice which stole a lot of people.

To be fair to Ramos, BB2020 was a bigger hit than this new season. But yeah, I find it funny that TVI still hasn't learned from their past mistakes with overexposing their reality shows, especially now that this BB is a ratings letdown and the next one is going to face Hell's Kitchen with Ljubo, which is going to kill.

The Cristina morning loss was unusual but it was because it started with like a 20 minute delay or something like that, and it had way less appealing contents than Casa Feliz that day. It won't happen all that often. But then again, I didn't think she'd lose to Júlia, so there's that.

Golpe de Sorte is a Vidas Opostas-level embarrassment for SIC. Nobody, literally nobody, wanted more of it. It ended on a conclusive note. Plus, it wasn't that ridiculous of a hit and it's just too soon for a revival. Hopefully this is the end of unnecessary soap seasons.

• Like 1

@CJohn Bem Me Quer's 2nd episode result..... 9.5% rating and 20.1% share.

It started after a fucking FC Porto Champions League match (which, tbf, also underperformed, it didn't even hit 30% share).

It's early to say, cause Nazaré absorbs a lot of the teen audience and all, but... bombs away?

EDIT: It's actually 10% / 21.2%. The 9.5% were just on LIVE. Still not very good, just barely at 10% on its 2nd day. Quer o Destino and Amar Demais, in comparison, held off much better.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

7 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Bem Me Quer's 2nd episode result..... 9.5% rating and 20.1% share.

It started after a fucking FC Porto Champions League match (which, tbf, also underperformed, it didn't even hit 30% share).

It's early to say, cause Nazaré absorbs a lot of the teen audience and all, but... bombs away?

EDIT: It's actually 10% / 21.2%. The 9.5% were just on LIVE. Still not very good, just barely at 10% on its 2nd day. Quer o Destino and Amar Demais, in comparison, held off much better.

It is flopping way harder than I expected. I actually thought it had a chance but I guess that was my dick looking at the female cast. Carolina Loureiro still rules supreme. The soap wasted the football lead in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

It is flopping way harder than I expected. I actually thought it had a chance but I guess that was my dick looking at the female cast. Carolina Loureiro still rules supreme. The soap wasted the football lead in.

I mean, I too thought Angie Costa and her BOOBS were gonna be enough to sell this, but apparently no one out-Instagrams Carolina.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

@CoolioD1 where the "Sad Alden" emoji at.

Honestly this doesn't deserve Sad Alden. He deserves so much better than a mediocre Peacock show, and I think he deserves something good, even if it's just a Disney+ Star Wars show. It's beyond frustrating a charismatic and talented guy like him has his career stalled because of one flop. Even Taylor Kitsch has found his niche through random dad movies.

8 minutes ago, Count Eric said:

Honestly this doesn't deserve Sad Alden. He deserves so much better than a mediocre Peacock show, and I think he deserves something good, even if it's just a Disney+ Star Wars show. It's beyond frustrating a charismatic and talented guy like him has his career stalled because of one flop. Even Taylor Kitsch has found his niche through random dad movies.

His next project will be a collaboration with fellow once-promising circa mid-2010s actor Dane DeHaan (whose career seems to have almost completely stalled after his floptacular 2017).

18 hours ago, Count Eric said:

Hell, Huxley's classic novel deserves much,much, better then this  mediocre effort.

@CJohn Well, looks like success might still be on the table. Bem Me Quer did 11.2% / 22.4%, veeeeery close to Nazaré's result (12% / over 23%) despite the latter being boosted by a Benfica game. Granted, Nazaré started after a break and BMQ started on that break, unlike after the Porto game on Tuesday when BMQ started directly after the game ended, but still, a noteworthy result. Curiously, just like the Porto game, the Benfica match itself also underwhelmed a bit, it only hit 34% share, which is kinda low for Benfica standards.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

9 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Well, looks like success might still be on the table. Bem Me Quer did 11.2% / 22.4%, veeeeery close to Nazaré's result (12% / over 23%) despite the latter being boosted by a Benfica game. Granted, Nazaré started after a break and BMQ started on that break, unlike after the Porto game on Tuesday when BMQ started directly after the game ended, but still, a noteworthy result. Curiously, just like the Porto game, the Benfica match itself also underwhelmed a bit, it only hit 34% share, which is kinda low for Benfica standards.

I feel like the hype just isn't the same with a raging pandemic chaging our lifes so much. The games weren't as hyped as European competition games usually were before the pandemic began.

That just seems like a bad day for Nazaré which can easily rebound on the next day while Bem Me Quer seems stuck on that range of ratings.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyK said:

:apocalypse:

He made so many great non-Bond movies and this is a great opportunity to seek some of them out:

The Hunt for Red October
The Man Who Would Be King

The Wind and the Lion

Time Bandits

Russia House

The Untouchables

A Bridge Too Far

The Great Train Robbery

...and many more 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

He made so many great non-Bond movies and this is a great opportunity to seek some of them out:

On Wednesday, November 11, we're going to show one of them!

• Like 1