Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

To the US posters, have a Happy Thanksgiving today!  (And to all others, have a happy Thursday!)  While the year might be tough, there's always a lot to be thankful for, even through a period of relative darkness:).  I'm very thankful for all of you on this board and all the communication, wide-ranging info, intelligent thoughts, humor, support, and sometimes just mindless distraction you all provide:)...while we haven't had a lot of box office numbers, we've still had a lot of discussion that's enriched my life this year:).

• Like 8

On 11/26/2020 at 9:00 PM, TwoMisfits said:

To the US posters, have a Happy Thanksgiving today!  (And to all others, have a happy Thursday!)  While the year might be tough, there's always a lot to be thankful for, even through a period of relative darkness:).  I'm very thankful for all of you on this board and all the communication, wide-ranging info, intelligent thoughts, humor, support, and sometimes just mindless distraction you all provide:)...while we haven't had a lot of box office numbers, we've still had a lot of discussion that's enriched my life this year:).

How are you doing?

• Like 1

The one thing to me is in a way a positive side-effect of 2020 is how much I got to read / hear audio-books. All in English.

Like the ~ time out, the additional (all manual) work caused by ‚it‘, looking seemingly funny with my (big) headphones even during buying groceries, hearing also during car drives mostly audio-books, reading in general rather fast in the sleepless nights...

Counting the twice read books as twice... for now I read in average 1.3 books per day 🤪 Like every day of 2020 📚

To have added lots of digital books & audiobooks helped too, as I could read more for being able to use even small waiting times or... 

Curious if that will hold up till the end of year, as I get a few time consuming projects till then too (but a few of those in the earlier months I did with audiobooks too, but only for repeat hearing, a new book would have ‚cracked‘ my brain.)

Not having in a way a reason to look up BOs and so on cleared up lots of time to read too.

Without the election the average would be even higher..., quite some of my pupils, and part of my family think I am nuts for the amount, my son, who also reads rather fast, thinks not.

Curious about the next year (hopefully more music and movies again too).

The count made also an impact for... its so much, where was the time, I still fell like a few months of this year are missing.

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

How are you doing?

I updated Wednesday and Thursday (in the Covid thread b/c someone asked there:)  - just gonna paste both updates here (and thanks for asking - and my next doc appointment is Dec 16:)...

"Yeah, I am - thanks for checking:). 

I made a few life changes this summer (thanks to some CLL experts) on top of those I'd made in 2019 for food allergies and for now, while my genetic markers at diagnosis in July should have indicated a really, really rapid disease progression, it seems I've slowed it down (although not stopped it).  And slow is what one wants a lot with CLL:).  

My goal is to stay untreated through 2021, so I'm thinking ahead and longer term:).

PS - For those who do leukemia, on top of my crappy deletions and rearrangements, my CD38 positivity at diagnosis was 65% - that's normally the sign it's all going rapid and badly quickly...it's how I earned 6 week blood tests, when most folks at diagnosis get 3 month ones:)...and how I earned getting approved for every old person vaccine now, but one at a time (to not overload my immune system).  I just got done the pneumonia series, and next up will probably be Shingles before Covid, b/c my sis has had shingles (so it's in the family), b/c you can't take the shingles one once you need treatment, and b/c I don't know which Covid vaccine is gonna work for my protein deletions (so, that's gonna wait on the doc getting up to speed - we're gonna chat in Dec at my next appt, but I think he'll want Shingles series 1st, then Covid one)..."  

AND

"Yeah, I haven't posted much on my health since my diagnosis this summer...the reason - it's been good for what it could be...so, it's a "no news is good news" scenario:).

Plus, I've been using the boards as an escape for movies, so fixating on health here wasn't what I wanted - but I'll always post if someone asks (or if it goes downhill - the spouse knows he can hop on my account to do that:)...

And thanks for the positivity - I'll take all thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers as long as folks want to send them my way...they never hurt (and who knows - maybe they are helping b/c I'm already slightly bucking my trend:)..."

• Like 6