Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

(if I'm a Jets fan, I already know my team sucks and he'd never come, so I'd just sit in a corner and cry:)...

Meanwhile, the collective state of Niner Nation right now:

For folks not exactly tuned into the collective psyche of Niner fans, let's just say that they are not reacting very well to the deluge of reports that Shanahan is in love with Mac Jones and leave it at that.

====

If that doesn't draw the picture, this is probably what the scene at 4949 Centennial Boulevard in Santa Clara at approx 4:30 Pacific Time will be if things play out as expected:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Porthos said:

For folks not exactly tuned into the collective psyche of Niner fans, let's just say that they are not reacting very well to the deluge of reports that Shanahan is in love with Mac Jones and leave it at that.

====

If that doesn't draw the picture, this is probably what the scene at 4949 Centennial Boulevard in Santa Clara at approx 4:30 Pacific Time will be if things play out as expected:

Apparently, news on ESPN is that San Fran OFFERED the #3 pick tonight and GB said NO!  GB, what are you doing???  They could have turned around and shopped that #3 pick for multiple #1s if they really like the guy from last year...and if not, draft the "just in case" guy at the spot.

I mean, it seems Rodgers won't play in GB no matter what, so you learn to cut your losses and get out ahead, ala Philly and Wentz (Philly got a steal on that trade b/c Wentz ain't Rodgers!)...

14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Apparently, news on ESPN is that San Fran OFFERED the #3 pick tonight and GB said NO!  GB, what are you doing???  They could have turned around and shopped that #3 pick for multiple #1s if they really like the guy from last year...and if not, draft the "just in case" guy at the spot.

Yeah heard about it before the Rodgers trade demand story broke.

FWIW, other sources are flatly denying the report saying there's no basis to it. 

OTOH another source said that Rodgers was convinced he was headed to SF last night, so who the frick knows.

Does seem likely that SF was asking about Rodger's availability, but I am a little doubtful they rolled out the Brinks Truck only to be turned down.   

On yet another hand, maybe Team Rodgers got wind of him being shopped about and decided that was the straw that broke the camel's back and leaked his displeasure to ESPN.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

====

If it happens, it’ll be the lever I pull on my ejector seat.... which honestly might be a relief at this point. (I’ve been feeling more and more skeeved out and unsettled by the NFL in general, and I keep saying I’m out, but some ties are hard to break.)

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

If it happens, it’ll be the lever I pull on my ejector seat.... which honestly might be a relief at this point. (I’ve been feeling more and more skeeved out and unsettled by the NFL in general, and I keep saying I’m out, but some ties are hard to break.)

I feel ya, but where the skeeviness with me materializes is that I just don't have the emotional energy to be upset at a (perhaps) boneheaded move like this.

Like, whatever. 

Helps that I don't really have an opinion on any of these QBs, just that a bunch of draftniks thinks it's an overpay.  But since that's my headspace I just can't get worked up about this.  Maybe that's even worse, I dunno.

Could be worse, Tele.  Could have traded for Deshaun Watson a couple months ago. 

Or last week. :ph34r: THAT would be Ejector Seat Worthy, IMO.  Blowing a draft pick is pretty small fry in comparison.  IMO, at least.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I feel ya, but where the skeeviness with me materializes is that I just don't have the emotional energy to be upset at a (perhaps) boneheaded move like this.

Like, whatever. 

Helps that I don't really have an opinion on any of these QBs, just that a bunch of draftniks thinks it's an overpay.  But since that's my headspace I just can't get worked up about this.  Maybe that's even worse, I dunno.

Could be worse, Tele.  Could have traded for Deshaun Watson a couple months ago. 

Or last week. :ph34r: THAT would be Ejector Seat Worthy, IMO.  Blowing a draft pick is pretty small fry in comparison.  IMO, at least.

Ask a NYJ's fan - they've blown at least a decade or two's worth of picks...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Like, whatever. 

I’m just looking for a good excuse to escape the emotional maelstrom.

• Like 2

*says he doesn't have the emotional capacity to freak out about the Draft*

*also spent the last 30 minutes to successfully find a feed of Draft Spoilers on Twitter* :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Exactly my feeling, lmao. 

The real reason I looked for Draft Spoilers?

So I could get the reaction gifs/vids ready. :lol:

(okay, not really)

((but maybe really :ph34r:))

• Haha 1