Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

It was only in the last season or two that ABC scheduled Lost to air uninterrupted from week to week, before then the schedule could be very stop and start. So islostarepest.com sprang up and just had "Yes" or "No" on the page when you visited it. And there was the site where audio of Michael saying "Waaaaaaalt" would play on a loop. I wonder if they thought about casting an actor with younger brothers to get around Walt obviously growing up faster than the show's timeline.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

Kate just did something really stupid and forced John, Sawyer and Jack to give up all the weapons to The Others.

Dumb Kate is dumb. Meanwhile Claire from Modern Family is leaving Jack so she can become Claire from Modern Family and meet Phil.

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

This is Carlton Cuse erasure.

WHO

He doesn't matter.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

It was only in the last season or two that ABC scheduled Lost to air uninterrupted from week to week, before then the schedule could be very stop and start. So islostarepest.com sprang up and just had "Yes" or "No" on the page when you visited it. And there was the site where audio of Michael saying "Waaaaaaalt" would play on a loop. I wonder if they thought about casting an actor with younger brothers to get around Walt obviously growing up faster than the show's timeline.

They didn’t really have a timeline at the outset. The pilot was its own standalone thing and broader decisions about the ongoing stories were developed much later. I guess they could’ve recast him but that would’ve felt weird too. 

1 minute ago, Plain Old Tele said:

They didn’t really have a timeline at the outset. The pilot was its own standalone thing and broader decisions about the ongoing stories were developed much later. I guess they could’ve recast him but that would’ve felt weird too. 

Didn't they decide they needed a clear end date after the episode with the backstory of the tattoo?

3 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I forget if that was specifically the moment, but it was sometime during the third season, yeah. 

It was all filler and no fun at the time I guess. 

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

True, they might have thought the show would play out in real time,

more or less, so a growing kid wouldn't have been an issue. The show changed a lot in the early stages, at one point Jack was going to die in the pilot and be played by Michael Keaton.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Didn't they decide they needed a clear end date after the episode with the backstory of the tattoo?

The fans were really raging when they got that or Nikki and Paulo, haha. I wonder how Lost would have played out in the streaming era, it would have like half as many episodes for starters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Sort of an impossible task to keep a crazy serialized story going without knowing how long you have to finish. 😂 (Soap operas aside, I suppose.) 😂

According to this interview (chock full of finale spoilers so stay away CJohn), ABC originally was pressing for NINE seasons! :o

---

BTW, that's a really nice interview and it talks about how some story elements (again that CJohn hasn't run into) were planned as far back as S1.  @4815162342 @BoxOfficeFangrl and @Plain Old Tele might find it particularly interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

According to this interview (chock full of finale spoilers so stay away CJohn), ABC originally was pressing for NINE seasons! :o

---

BTW, that's a really nice interview and it talks about how some story elements (again that CJohn hasn't run into) were planned as far back as S1.  @4815162342 @BoxOfficeFangrl and @Plain Old Tele might find it particularly interesting.

Oh yes, I remember reading this. It’s a great piece. DO NOT READ IT @CJohn UNTIL YOU’RE FINISHED WITH THE SHOW

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Oh yes, I remember reading this. It’s a great piece. DO NOT READ IT @CJohn UNTIL YOU’RE FINISHED WITH THE SHOW

Dont worry, I wont read anything. I am still spoiler free after all these years.

Btw Sawyer's nicknames to people are absolute greatness.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
8 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

True, they might have thought the show would play out in real time,

more or less, so a growing kid wouldn't have been an issue. The show changed a lot in the early stages, at one point Jack was going to die in the pilot and be played by Michael Keaton.

The fans were really raging when they got that or Nikki and Paulo, haha. I wonder how Lost would have played out in the streaming era, it would have like half as many episodes for starters.

The streaming era is horrible for those who want TV to play to it's strengths: more episodes to flesh out characters and go on little side adventures that maybe don't advance the main story but are fun. 

But times change. Lost would have lasted three seasons on Netflix than replaced with a similar show. Lol. It sorta exploded at the right time. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Dont worry, I wont read anything. I am still spoiler free after all these years.

Btw Sawyer's nicknames to people are absolute greatness.

Sawyer was an easy audience favorite.

The actor missed his chance to make the leap to movies. Got killed off early in MI4 and that's it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

The actor missed his chance to make the leap to movies. Got killed off early in MI4 and that's it

Feels like his potential movie roles went to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Imagine him heading up Gods of Egypt.

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Matthew Fox could've had a big movie career but he made one huge mistake everyone should avoid... he crossed Alex Cross.

Remember when he was actually an almost lead in World War Z before reshoots changed his role into a blink and you miss it.

9 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

He went on to be the lead of a CBS procedural which flopped and lasted one season. At least Colony got 3 seasons on USA.

33 minutes ago, CJohn said:

He went on to be the lead of a CBS procedural which flopped and lasted one season. At least Colony got 3 seasons on USA.

I watched that procedural too lol 

It was decent