Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

Feels like his potential movie roles went to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Imagine him heading up Gods of Egypt.

Remember when he was actually an almost lead in World War Z before reshoots changed his role into a blink and you miss it.

Yes, I believe in the leaked original plot he was supposed to cuck Brad Pitt.

• Community Manager
6 hours ago, CJohn said:

He went on to be the lead of a CBS procedural which flopped and lasted one season. At least Colony got 3 seasons on USA.

He was on Yellowstone for a bit.

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Are Evangeline Lilly and Daniel Dae Kim the only main Lost cast members who haven't mostly faded into obscurity in 2021? I laughed when J.J. randomly casted Dominic Monaghan in a nothing role in The Rise of Skywalker.

Ian Somerholder? Vampire Diaries for 8 seasons on the CW? I wouldn't call him obscure lol.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

He was on Yellowstone for a bit.

Ian Somerholder? Vampire Diaries for 8 seasons on the CW? I wouldn't call him obscure lol.

He was only a main cast member for the first season of Lost so his fame isn't as tied to the show as the others are. Vampire Diaries is what he's mainly known for.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Are Evangeline Lilly and Daniel Dae Kim the only main Lost cast members who haven't mostly faded into obscurity in 2021? I laughed when J.J. randomly casted Dominic Monaghan in a nothing role in The Rise of Skywalker.

Game of Thrones definitely has a better track record right now. Not counting people who already had good careers before the show, the show has elevated Momoa, Pascal, all the Stark kids minus Bran, Emilia Clarke, Rose Leslie, Natalie Dormer, Nathalie Emmanuel, Nikolaj and a lot of others. That show was definitely a ticket to fame for most everyone involved.

Walking Dead which gets just as big or bigger ratings didn't manage to elevate most of the cast.

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Jason Momoa was actually struggling to get roles after Game of Thrones. He even said he and his family were starving at one point. Being cast by Zack Snyder to play Aquaman it's what elevated his career. 

Do you actually believe that though? If his family were starving after already being in a few films like Conan then I have to question the Man's fathering skills. Its his job to bring that money and food in. It sounds like an overexaggerated comment used to generate a good story

GOT elevated his career. His appearance in that show led him to land the role of Aquaman 

Edited by Chicago

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

OH NO!!!!!! :whosad:

Massive thoughts and prayers to all of the Kuiper family.  Here's wishing for a full and complete recovery.

@Plain Old Tele @4815162342 @TwoMisfits @Webslinger 

Oh man, that’s a bummer. Best wishes to him and his family. I feel like I’ve listened to him and Kruk for like a billion years. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Yep 

I believe they killed off Libby too at the same time because they figured people wouldn't care if Ana Lucia died

She dies 2 seconds later because Michael is FUCKING TRASH AND A TRAITOR. I hope he dies very soon. I hope we get to explore Libby's past and how she ended on the same institution as Hurley at one point. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

She dies 2 seconds later because Michael is FUCKING TRASH AND A TRAITOR. I hope he dies very soon. I hope we get to explore Libby's past and how she ended on the same institution as Hurley at one point. 

I hope.....

That's how it starts.

• Disbelief 1