Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Classic American bluster about exceptionalism. :lol: 

If Americans cared more about football (soccer), they'd probably produce the best team in the world. It's sad that they dont get involved as much, the world talent pool would be far more interesting 

5 hours ago, Chicago said:

If Americans cared more about football (soccer), they'd probably produce the best team in the world. It's sad that they dont get involved as much, the world talent pool would be far more interesting 

Well we’ve at least got our women’s team

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chicago said:

I kinda like USA sports culture (though I like soccer/football as well). It feels like a nice unique thing about the country. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I kinda like USA sports culture (though I like soccer/football as well). It feels like a nice unique thing about the country. 

And I actually like that we haven't taken over soccer...it's a much more fascinating sport to watch when you don't have the equivalent of a Dream team on any side, but every country has a shot, usually a way bigger one than the US has:)...

I mean, I've been watching Euro 2020/2021, and it's been fascinating to watch some of the upsets in the round of 16...and I admit, I'm now actively cheering Switzerland to keep going, b/c the French were the closest team to a Dream Team, and the Swiss outplayed them through sheer grit, belief, and try...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

And I actually like that we haven't taken over soccer...it's a much more fascinating sport to watch when you don't have the equivalent of a Dream team on any side, but every country has a shot, usually a way bigger one than the US has:)...

I mean, I've been watching Euro 2020/2021, and it's been fascinating to watch some of the upsets in the round of 16...and I admit, I'm now actively cheering Switzerland to keep going, b/c the French were the closest team to a Dream Team, and the Swiss outplayed them through sheer grit, belief, and try...

The french team were too confident after going 3-1 up. Mbappe had a reality check this tournament and hopefully his penalty miss has humbled him. It was such a great game

If England lost I'll be rooting for Denmark after what their players had to go through at the start. 

11 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Well we’ve at least got our women’s team

No disrespect but the state of woman's football is shockingly dire. I remember the USA world champions getting beaten 5-2 by an under 15's boys team. They have a long way to go to be globally interesting

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 1

SHOCKING ending for season 3. I didn't see any of this coming.

giphy.gif

Charlie's death was the dumbest shit tho. He could have gone throught the door and flee with Desmond throught the hole they came in from OR he could have tried to escape throught the broken window. Instead he died like a fool.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

SHOCKING ending for season 3. I didn't see any of this coming.

giphy.gif

Almost no one did.  Well, no one who wasn't spoiled that is.

Though on a re-watch, the show really is slapping us in the face that something strange is going on in that episode.

Speaking of which,

NOT a spoiler for future episodes, but I'll put this in a spoiler bar for anyone who hasn't seen this episode yet.

THIS IS SAFE TO OPEN, @CJohn

Spoiler

Hoffs-Drawlar-Funeral-Parlor-LOST-Easter

That funeral parlor that Jack visited?  The one with the funky name?

"Hoffs / Drawlar" is an anagram for: Flash Forward.

Which is an easter egg that shows that all of the supposed flashbacks is this particular episode are instead flash forwards. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Chicago said:

I can't see any team getting past Italy at this point

I’m probably making a dumb comparison, but the way they’ve reinvented their offense to be dynamic and fun (and challenging for the opposing team) while retaining their traditional aspects of a dominant defense reminds me of Germany in the beginning of the Jogi Low era.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chicago said:

I can't see any team getting past Italy at this point

I’m probably making a dumb comparison, but the way they’ve reinvented their offense to be dynamic and fun (and challenging for the opposing team) while retaining their traditional aspects of a dominant defense reminds me of Germany in the beginning of the Jogi Low era.  

On 7/1/2021 at 10:56 AM, Chicago said:

Which sport would best carry over to soccer though.

11 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Anyone else unable to renew/buy a subscription? There aren't any links for me to actually do so on the subscription page... @Shawn

Do you see anything here?  https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/clients/orders/

In fact, never mind that look at the top of the forum page and look for a drop down menu that says "Donations".  Should be something there that you're looking for.  

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1