Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Debating whether or not I want to wake up early to catch my personal Must Watch Event of the Olympics:  The Parade of Nations.

Yes, I know it's scaled back this year (and with good reason), but, goddammit, the Parade of Nations is effin' cool, and frankly, one of the best things about any Olympic Games.

Might just tape it and watch it first thing/watch the BBC version (which is almost always superior to NBC's)

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Debating whether or not I want to wake up early to catch my personal Must Watch Event of the Olympics:  The Parade of Nations.

Yes, I know it's scaled back this year (and with good reason), but, goddammit, the Parade of Nations is effin' cool, and frankly, one of the best things about any Olympic Games.

Might just tape it and watch it first thing/watch the BBC version (which is almost always superior to NBC's)

Anything is better than NBC’s coverage. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

5hcz9m.jpg

That wasn't a strike and that wasn't a check swing.  Just such a shame the end of this game is getting marred this way.

Never know how this game would have turned out if the count went to 3-0 like it should have.  IMO, that hideous check swing call was karma for the bullshit strike call, but I am one million percent biased.

Like I said, such a shame that this will be the discussion and not the great, tense, game.

1 hour ago, AJG said:

This Olympic Opening is probably the worst ive seen for a while. Really dull. The video game music was nice.

It felt surreal because of the lack of audience and the general skipping of the ceremony by most athletes.

The NUMBERS explanation was Lindelof rubbing his ass in my face. Mah boy Jacob liked numbers so all the candidates had a number. Because why not. And that certainly explains everything else that involved the numbers in the show. LINDELOOOOOF.

Sayid pretty much dooming the temple was hysterical. Everyone is going team Fake John/Smoke Monster. Claire going extra insane in the season 5 break was a nice twist. Team Evil is getting some big gets.

Meanwhile Desmond has been in one episode for the past 10.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The NUMBERS explanation was Lindelof rubbing his ass in my face. Mah boy Jacob liked numbers so all the candidates had a number. Because why not. And that certainly explains everything else that involved the numbers in the show. LINDELOOOOOF.

Sayid pretty much dooming the temple was hysterical. Everyone is going team Fake John/Smoke Monster. Claire going extra insane in the season 5 break was a nice twist. Team Evil is getting some big gets.

Meanwhile Desmond has been in one episode for the past 10.

There's one really good episode coming up, I think you'll know which one it is, and then a couple episodes after that there's more Lindleof/Cuse shenanigans that start and run through the finale

• Like 1

SEVEN. EPISODES. TO. GO.

Great episode about Richard which also explained a lot of stuff. Feels like it will be pretty straight forward until the end.

Meanwhile Desmond is back (finally!) and Sayid is a stone cold killer. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CJohn said:

SEVEN. EPISODES. TO. GO.

Great episode about Richard which also explained a lot of stuff. 

Yes the Richard episode is probably the highlight of Season 6 for me. 

As for straight forward. Well you'll see.

• Like 1

destination d23 2021

Destination D23 - D23

I got pretty excited until I read the roster of events and became incredibly disappointed lol. Mainly sounds like this is to promote Encanto opening a few days later (bet it's also that surprise screening at Disney Springs as well) as well as celebrating the 50th anniversary of Disney World several weeks late. They'll also have a D+ presentation but it too is unlikely to deliver anything exciting.