Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

Same lol. Man I will be annoyed if this puts them over the top to repeat.

You are good people. I was feeling so good about the Houston additions and now it just feels pointless. 5 straight ALCS' in a row is a victory for me.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Hmmmm....  What's the quote I'm looking for here.

Hmmm...

I know:

On 7/12/2021 at 7:03 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

Gross. 

Spoiler

That's as "grown up" as I can be right now. :kitschjob:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Fuck this shit @Porthos I quit.

Fuck Bauer. Fuck Dodgers. I yield my time, FUCK YOU

40 minutes ago, Menor said:

Same lol. Man I will be annoyed if this puts them over the top to repeat.

Now I am just praying, with no real good reason, that the miracle run of the Giants continues and it forces the Dodgers and Padres into a winner-take-all Wild Card Game.

I am philsophically and morally opposed to a WTA Wild Card game, as I feel it is the very antithesis of playoff baseball.  But, well, you know the phrase "Every person has their price"?  Well, turns out I found mine.  Now I just want more than anything to see the Dodgers get bounced out in a anything can happen one game playoff.

Super Teams in baseball are just... I believe the word is "Gross".

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MrPink said:

You are good people. I was feeling so good about the Houston additions and now it just feels pointless. 5 straight ALCS' in a row is a victory for me.

Baseball is baseball though, superteams are probably less valuable than any other sport. I still think the Astros have a shot (or at least hope they do).

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Now I am just praying, with no real good reason, that the miracle run of the Giants continues and it forces the Dodgers and Padres into a winner-take-all Wild Card Game.

I am philsophically and morally opposed to a WTA Wild Card game, as I feel it is the very antithesis of playoff baseball.  But, well, you know the phrase "Every person has their price"?  Well, turns out I found mine.  Now I just want more than anything to see the Dodgers get bounced out in a anything can happen one game playoff.

Super Teams in baseball are just... I believe the word is "Gross".

That would be glorious. Here's hoping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

As wild as today has been (Swarbs just got traded to the BoSox), there's still Bryant, Kimbrel, Berrios, and possibly Gray and Story dominoes to fall.  Plus various other pieces out there that might be sold.

Gonna be wild between now and 1pm Pacific.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos Bryant it is

VERY happy w/ this.  Was out and about when it went down, but this is just about the perfect move on the position player side for multiple reasons.  He's a player I've lusted after for a long time, and it doesn't look like the Giants overpaid at all, which is something of a wonder given the names that were traded today.  

VERY happy none of the "big names" in the farm system went anywhere.  Canario has the potential to be a good major leaguer, but it's just that.  

Always a risk when trading prospects at looking foolish, but gotta give up something to get something and this passes the smell test to me.

Edited by Porthos

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

VERY happy w/ this.  Was out and about when it went down, but this is just about the perfect move on the position player side for multiple reasons.  He's a player I've lusted after for a long time, and it doesn't look like the Giants overpaid at all, which is something of a wonder given the names that were traded today.  

VERY happy none of the "big names" in the farm system went anywhere.  Canario has the potential to be a good major leaguer, but it's just that.  

Always a risk when trading prospects at looking foolish, but gotta give up something to get something and this passes the smell test to me.

As a life long Giants fan happy about this.

Agree it's good the Giants decided not to trade the more promising farm system nenbers. Look forward to getting back to seeing them in a few River Cats games someday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Stupid Farhan, why can’t he be a bad GM?

Hide contents

I do like him a lot. But still…!

It's an even better trade for the Giants than it looks like on the surface.  The Giants have a pretty hard 40 man roster crunch coming up during the season and offseason.  Canario absolutely Could Be A Guy, as he's still young and raw.  But he's in low A, and has a bunch of higher rated prospects ahead of him at his position.  So it'd be a couple of years at best before he broke into the bigs, all the while sucking down a precious 40 man slot (Zaidi really prides himself on having the 40 man be as valuable as possible).

Don't know as much about Caleb Kilian, but arms that look destined for the bullpen always can be a bit of a wildcard.  There's every chance in the world this trade looks silly in the future.  But the Giants traded their #9 and #30 guys in their farm (mlb.com rankings, others will have them differently), for two months of Kris Bryant.  Love it as a Giants fan, as Canario was pretty destined to be a trade chip, so it might as will be for someone who can be impactful.

Still bummed they didn't get any starting pitching help, but looks like the market was too crazy on that front.

Dodgers are still the favorites, obvs.  But the Giants made it a little more interesting today, and I can't be disappointed with that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1