Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

*starts replaying MLBN special since I was out at the time*

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

MLBN GOT PUNKED BY THAT FAKE BART/WADE JR RUMOR :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

THERE WAS NO WAY THAT WAS EVER HAPPENING!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

OMG!!!!!! 

Screen-Shot-2021-07-30-at-2-06-49-PM.png

@4815162342 @Menor @MrPink @TwoMisfits @Webslinger @Plain Old Tele

Hide contents

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know.  More just that an official lineups haven't been released yet.  This image is still utterly hi-lair-i-ous. :lol: 

Hey, they have starting pitchers listed, what more do you want?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Hey, they have starting pitchers listed, what more do you want?

Well, accurate starting pitchers might be good in the case of the Nats. :ph34r:

(Lester was traded to the Cards right at the deadline)

• Haha 1

I legit forgot that Jon Lester was still playing until he was dealt to St. Louis.

I guess I'm okay with the Mariners not making a flurry of deals that probably ultimately would have just gotten them a bunch of spare parts whose negligible impact wouldn't prevent the late season collapse they always seem to have whenever it looks like they might do something interesting. I don't like what the Graveman trade did for clubhouse morale, but it makes enough sense on paper (deal an effective but probably fluky bullpen arm whose contract is about to expire for a guy who hasn't put it together yet but appears to have potential) that I don't hate it from the business end of things.

• Like 1

*sees Giants take two of three from both the Dodgers and 'stros this week...

Alright, fine.  I give.

I...  I...  I believe. :ph34r:

("NO JINXES!!! NO JINXES!!! NO JINXES!!!" he said in his best NO WHAMMIES voice)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Alright, fine.  I give.

("NO JINXES!!! NO JINXES!!! NO JINXES!!!" he said in his best NO WHAMMIES voice)

But the only thing that really matters is four from seven. :ph34r: 

Edited by Plain Old Tele

10 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

But the only thing that really matters is four from seven. 

Well, yes I...

*thinks*

You know, I was gonna snark here about how the NLDS is a five game series, but instead I'll just say, with perfect sincerity, that as long as the Giants get to the playoffs and play well, I'll be satisfied with them this year.  

*reflects*

With the single exception of saying that all fucking bets are off if/when the Giants and Dodgers meet in the playoffs. j1aUlyv.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Have to say this year has gone way quicker than 2020 did. Both have its positives and negatives. 

Pretty fucking terrifying that we've already passed the halfway point... 2022 feels eerily close lol.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Alright, fine.  I give.

but what about me

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:31 PM, Webslinger said:

I legit forgot that Jon Lester was still playing until he was dealt to St. Louis.

I guess I'm okay with the Mariners not making a flurry of deals that probably ultimately would have just gotten them a bunch of spare parts whose negligible impact wouldn't prevent the late season collapse they always seem to have whenever it looks like they might do something interesting. I don't like what the Graveman trade did for clubhouse morale, but it makes enough sense on paper (deal an effective but probably fluky bullpen arm whose contract is about to expire for a guy who hasn't put it together yet but appears to have potential) that I don't hate it from the business end of things.

Abraham Toro is going to be a hall of famer. The 4 homers this week don't lie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

but what about me

Oh, 'stros are absolutely the fav to make the World Series out of the AL (and I'll enjoy every moment of The Great F-U Revenge Tour 👍), no doubt about it.

After all, as the prophecy foretold: 

On 6/16/2021 at 12:52 PM, Porthos said:

It's incredibly unlikely, if only coz the Giants have to get through the juggernaut of the Dodgers and Padres, but there is now a non-zero chance of an Astros/Giants World Series.

That would be... interesting from a personal standpoint. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Oh, 'stros are absolutely the fav to make the World Series out of the AL (and I'll enjoy every moment of The Great F-U Revenge Tour 👍), no doubt about it.

After all, as the prophecy foretold: 

Yeah but I'm the kind of baseball fan who freaks out after every game and now believe we will get rocked in the playoffs. Our rotation is in shambles

GOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLL

*GASP*

GGGGGOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

*five minutes later*

USMNT WINS THE CONCACAF GOLD CUP!!!!! 👍 👍 👍 👍 

Edited by Porthos