Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Menor said:

We're really about to have a qualifier against the world #73 in a major tournament final. Unreal. This US Open has been crazy fun.

The women's draw has been crazy since day 1. No one has been dominating the WTA tour after Serena's peak, its spread-the-wealth compared to the ATP tour.

10 hours ago, grim22 said:

The women's draw has been crazy since day 1. No one has been dominating the WTA tour after Serena's peak, its spread-the-wealth compared to the ATP tour.

True, as much as people make fun of the next gen on the men's side, they are mostly just stopped by Djokovic. Even once the big 3 retire it won't be the same chaos like women's tennis post-Serena (post her peak I mean).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The inexplicable fallout from Snake Eyes continues.

Should have just put it DAY AND DATE on PARAMOUNT+ for MAXIMUM PROFIT. Gianopulos would still have a job if he did that.

Edited by CJ Sarandos

On 9/1/2021 at 10:21 AM, Blankments said:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Thor: Love and Thunder: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man

32 minutes ago, Blankments said:

what do you mean

What does that mean? I thought the list was the number of times you’ve seen a trailer, and when you did. And those movies, among others, don’t have trailers.

I must be missing something since all those Marvel movies have the same movies listed after them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inceptionzq said:

What does that mean? I thought the list was the number of times you’ve seen a trailer, and when you did. And those movies, among others, don’t have trailers.

I must be missing something since all those Marvel movies have the same movies listed after them

i got the marvel sizzle reel about returning to the movie theaters with those movies which did indeed advertise Doctor Strange, Thor and Black Panther

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Medvedev is looking dominant...it may be Djokovic's luck this tournament (where he hasn't played his best, but has still found ways to win) is finally running out...

Medvedev finally got it. I am sad (been a Novak fan for a decade) but he deserved it. What a performance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Medvedev finally got it. I am sad (been a Novak fan for a decade) but he deserved it. What a performance. 

Medvedev was so dominant, he got to have an end of match choke and still win:)...

I'm a Nadal fan, so I'm very happy to still see 20-20, although if Novak was more dominant all tourney, I might have felt he deserved it more, but it seemed folks would just give in once Novak found his game each time (the last what, 3 or 4 matches) vs giving him a fight to the end...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Both The Power of the Dog and The Card Counter leaked from TIFF, not a disaster fo either movie necessarily (TPOTD is a Netflix movie, and TCC may not be that hurt by piracy), but man what a joke.

Can’t see Card Counter but Power Dog is definitely out there.

COVID delays made screeners a moot point last year. Most nominees were legally available to stream by time the awards season kicked in. Now that DVD screeners are being phased out for WebScreeners we now have a reality where most Oscar-bait films could pop up online in pristine quality weeks before release.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Medvedev was so dominant, he got to have an end of match choke and still win:)...

I'm a Nadal fan, so I'm very happy to still see 20-20, although if Novak was more dominant all tourney, I might have felt he deserved it more, but it seemed folks would just give in once Novak found his game each time (the last what, 3 or 4 matches) vs giving him a fight to the end...

Next year will be interesting for sure. I think Nadal has a couple more RG in him and Novak has a couple more Wimbledons in him but it does seem like the NextGen has finally taken over on hard courts. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AJG said:

Can’t see Card Counter but Power Dog is definitely out there.

COVID delays made screeners a moot point last year. Most nominees were legally available to stream by time the awards season kicked in. Now that DVD screeners are being phased out for WebScreeners we now have a reality where most Oscar-bait films could pop up online in pristine quality weeks before release.

From my understanding many of the Screeners for critics/press/influencers have watermarks with their names/publications, so if anyone tried to do that would get in major trouble with the studio/distributor.

Maybe it was a bit different with TIFF being a film festival can't speak to that.