Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No one talk to me for about, two, maybe three weeks. :kitschjob:

Actually, through all the bile that I'm currently swimming in, I will go ahead and congratulate @Plain Old Tele.  The Dodgers were the better team, if very very slightly.  The difference was the Dodgers got an elite SP at the deadline as well a Trea Turner, and the Giants didn't.

Anything else I have to say would... Well, let's just leave them unsaid as I ain't exactly in a chipper mood.

(still no one talk to me for a week, at least 🤬)

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Actually, through all the bile that I'm currently swimming in, I will go ahead and congratulate @Plain Old Tele.  The Dodgers were the better team, if very very slightly.  The difference was the Dodgers got an elite SP at the deadline as well a Trea Turner, and the Giants didn't.

Anything else I have to say would... Well, let's just leave them unsaid as I ain't exactly in a chipper mood.

You’re far more gracious than me when I’m in a similar spot. Thank you, I’m so sorry, and a tip of the cap to the Giants, just a juggernaut of a team and basically it came down to some coin flip outcomes and a few janky calls across 24 games being the difference. It was a legendary series.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

You’re far more gracious than me when I’m in a similar spot.

I'm only gracious right now coz I don't want any warning points. 👍

Spoiler

Not really true, but, sakes alive was I livid at that call to end the game

Spoiler

And I can't even complain because of the previous bad call back in the regular season that ended a game that went the Giants way

Spoiler

But, no, seriously, fuck that call

Spoiler

Thanks for the kind words about the series nonetheless

• Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

I'm only gracious right now coz I don't want any warning points. 👍

Hide contents

Not really true, but, sakes alive was I livid at that call to end the game

Hide contents

And I can't even complain because of the previous bad call back in the regular season that ended a game that went the Giants way

Hide contents

But, no, seriously, fuck that call

Hide contents

Thanks for the kind words about the series nonetheless

:wub:🙏🏻🤝

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Porthos said:

Boo Tele. Boo Dodgers. Boo their payroll. Boo Trevor Bauer.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CJ Chapek said:

Changed my photo and name. The other dude is getting kinda toxic right now. Went to the 2nd best streaming king on the planet instead.

Between the chaos at the Netflix offices, the seemingly inevitable at this point IATSE strike, the return of our favorite TRASH masterpiece (You), and the return of everyone's favorite cousin Greg (so excited to watch the premiere on Sunday after seeing Halloween), these couple of days should be proof that the wacky, wild Tinseltown as we knew it from before COVID is indeed unkillable.

Edited by filmlover
  • Thanks 1