Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

What can we do to bring back the sad Affleck emoji? Sad Affleck was such a great moment in interwebz history.

#BringBackSadAffleck

We need to bring down this mods regime.

Or just ask nicely idk.

#BringBackSadAffleck

5 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

This...might honestly be the worst response I've ever seen in my entire life. What fresh hell garbage is this?

They're basically saying she's lying and that she's a horrible person to work with.

WB better hope that Ruby Rose doesn't have receipts/corroboration.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

They're basically saying she's lying and that she's a horrible person to work with.

WB better hope that Ruby Rose doesn't have receipts/corroboration.

I can see receipts everywhere ruining it for both of them...you don't make this response if you don't have them (of course, she may have them, too, so this is a mutually assured destruction if it keeps going)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I can see receipts everywhere ruining it for both of them...you don't make this response if you don't have them (of course, she may have them, too, so this is a mutually assured destruction if it keeps going)...

Which is why you don't release a statement like this in the first place.

FWIW, I do presume there is a very high probability that Ruby Rose has receipts which is why my statement was a bit sardonic in nature (tone, internet, all that).

• Like 1

Yeah, WB didn't even deny Ruby Rose's allegations. But what worries me is that these cynical tactics were successful to shut down the conversation about Ray Fisher's allegations against Walter Hamada, and it could be enough to make people not show support for Rose as well, because they now see this situation as complicated and shady from both sides, when it really isn't.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Yeah, WB didn't even deny Ruby Rose's allegations. But what worries me is that these cynical tactics were successful to shut down the conversation about Ray Fisher's allegations against Walter Hamada, and it could be enough to make people not show support for Rose as well, because they now see this situation as complicated and shady from both sides, when it really isn't.

I will never forget that WB gave Deadline a fake story about a Frosty The Snowman movie with Jason Mamoa to distract from the Ray Fisher story. We haven’t heard about Frosty since Mamoa called them out on it.

edit

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

I will never forget that WB gave Deadline a fake story about a Frosty The Snowman movie with Jason Mamoa to distract from the Ray Fisher story. We haven’t heard about Frosty since Mamoa called them out on it.

edit

Ray Fisher is the most bitter man in showbiz. He just has to insert himself into everything.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

If only Ray Fisher didn't keep on changing his story and for some reason kept on harassing Hamada who wasn't even on the production team when things happened. Having Fisher on your side might actually be a bad thing right now.

Perfectly timed with the Ruby Rose/DC fallout over toxic work conditions, I finished reading She Said tonight. Had been meaning to since it was released two years ago and decided now would be as good a time as any with the way Time's Up has been imploding in recent months. Armie Hammer is probably spending all of his unemployed time these days wishing upon stars that the movie was coming out now and not for another year to try and help his case cause his accuser's attorney (famed feminist crusader Gloria Allred) is likely to be among the people that will be in the hot seat doing their own damage control when it's released since the details about how she's really part of the problem are far too juicy to be left out of the movie (not that Allred wasn't already an extremely polarizing love-her-or-hate-her figure long before the book came out, which she was - anyone unfamiliar can look up her greatest hits on their own time). And the less said about her daughter, fellow celebrity attorney and Weinstein's one-time lawyer Lisa Bloom, the better.

And lol Linda Fairstein, the former prosecutor responsible for the false incarceration of the Central Park 5, is about to deal with another project that depicts her in a most unflattering light (she's been trying to sue the makers of When They See Us for defamation after her book agency dropped her shortly after pre-scandal Felicity Huffman's portrayal of her landed). The Kim K. "it's what she deserves" gif has never been more appropriate.

The book is endlessly fascinating and worth a read even if you're waiting for the movie that's certain to be among the most talked about of next year btw. Expect a lot of inevitable comparisons to Spotlight when it comes out.

• Thanks 1