Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

25 minutes ago, Eric Madrigal said:

I mean, if there's only those 2 in the whole world to choose, it would have to be Tom Holland, just b/c Dwayne Johnson is already pushing 50, they aren't making another for a few years, and they've already done the "agent ready to retire" line to death with Craig...

Sondheim was a brilliant lyricist whose influence on the musical genre overall is undeniable. Imagine Spielberg is working right now on a dedication to him for West Side Story's end credits in time for the movie's premiere in NYC Monday night because apparently he was supposed to be in attendance. RIP.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 8:29 PM, filmlover said:

Sondheim was a brilliant lyricist whose influence on the musical genre overall is undeniable. Imagine Spielberg is working right now on a dedication to him for West Side Story's end credits in time for the movie's premiere in NYC Monday night because apparently he was supposed to be in attendance. RIP.

The West Side Story premeire today turned into a tribute to Sondheim . From what I have read, the tone was very subdued, with Spielberg making a long speech about Sondehim. 

And, yeah, they are scrambeling to try to pay a final tribute to Sondehim in the credits for West Side Story. Thing is can they get it into the prints of the film before the have to ship? even a simple "To Stephan" one line credit would take some doing at this point from a logistical viewpoint.

@Cap I'm pissed right now because this was a week or two ago.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 7:56 PM, TwoMisfits said:

I mean, if there's only those 2 in the whole world to choose, it would have to be Tom Holland, just b/c Dwayne Johnson is already pushing 50, they aren't making another for a few years, and they've already done the "agent ready to retire" line to death with Craig...

Age aside (which is less and less an issue in a world with 80 year's old president and superhuman aging a la Johnson), even too they do not go for much realism, it would still be extremely hard for Dwayne Johnson to blind in any crowd, put a regular worker/staff suit and so on to do Bond jobs.

• Like 1