Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

23 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Dow is tumbling becuase of the Ukraine crisis.

Bidken and Nato just put troops on alert. This is getting very, very, serious.

Meanwhile the Dow is back up. Stock investors are fickle af. Put in your money and sit back for 20 years

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Meanwhile the Dow is back up. Stock investors are fickle af. Put in your money and sit back for 20 years

There always a sell off when a crisis hits.

I think it will be yo yo for few days

If you are a long term investor with blue chip stocks you are fine, but if you are a day trader trying to make money fast, you have got problems. That kind of thing is only for experts.

And the stock market might be a lesser worry if this crisis contiues.

GOd, I hate Putin.

Edited by dudalb

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am betting some studio execs are nervous about the Russian Box Office. If Russia invades, strong ecoomic sanctions seem almost automatic.

I doubt they’re THAT worried given that the Russian box office is about 1/20th the size of the domestic market.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Imagine believing this.

That Kabuki Theatre is a distraction.

The FED has been printing money like crazy and pumping it into stock market. 

Creating a Gigantic Asset Bubble. 

And They only started tapering.

It'll probably hit like a rock that they stopped the money printing entirely and started hiking up rates

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am betting some studio execs are nervous about the Russian Box Office. If Russia invades, strong ecoomic sanctions seem almost automatic.

This is happening because Washington's foreign policy establishment wants to expand their nuclear umbrella up to most of Russia's western border with Europe.  Putting Ukraine and its 800 mile border with Russia into NATO is shamelessly greedy and reckless.  Theres a reason why the US wouldn't allow Russia putting nuclear ICBMs in Cuba during the Cuban missile crises, it was right on our doorstep.  But, the US getting involved in foreign conflicts and losing wars that have no benefit to our national security is so on brand at this point its not even funny.  

Looking at twitter, the coverage of this in American media is something else.  Pretty much everyone is in lockstep repeating State Department talking points except for Tucker Carlson, which is a bit distressing.

The Trump years have shuffled the deck on foreign intervention stuff.  I remember back in the Bush/Cheney era you still had the Reagan forged alliance of middle American chuds and ideological NeoCons pushing patriotic forever wars.  Trump's rhetoric and unreliability pushed the NeoCon lizards into the Democratic camp (where they were largely welcomed with open arms) but also opened the possibility for the return of isolationist themes in red America. The higher brass of the military and CIA recruitment videos doubling down on progressive signaling further opens the wedge between the MIC and the red parts of America which would traditionally provided the grunts and patriotic fervor for America's war machine.  Interesting times.

lol I remember seeing a banner for this at Universal during my vacation the other month. Pretty sure I had no recollection of this ever existing otherwise.

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

It has nothing to do with Russia. The markets drop/correct at the end of every 2 months without fail whilst the media like to blame it on certian events.  End of july they declined due to 'rising covid case numbers' which amounted to nothing, end of september it was evergrande, end of november it was Omicron and now "inflation and russia". Each time the market immediately recovered. End of march will be something new. The media like to pick the catalyst to drop the market as the rich own the news. Reality is there is no catalyst, its just profit taking time for the big investors. These indices are all massively overbought anyway given how many of them have doubled since the pandemic. Nsdq100 should be correcting to 10000 judging by its 200 day moving average on the weekly chart.

Edited by Tarintino
  • Astonished 1