Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Netflix might have stolen a little big of the SB's hype but the big winner is Paramount. No way they would have made a profit with a theatrical run. This film is the very definition of mediocre and forgettable.

Really depend how much they got from Netflix if it qualify as a win or not, I imagine there is a cost associated at being a studio that will not get your movie in theater.

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Really depend how much they got from Netflix if it qualify as a win or not, I imagine there is a cost associated at being a studio that will not get your movie in theater.

Reports said the deal made the film profitable for Paramount.

13 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Reports said the deal made the film profitable for Paramount.

This unique distribution plan for the next Cloverfield completely jibes with the brand’s spirit of surprise. Cloverfield pics are traditionally shrouded in secrecy with non-traditional marketing campaigns. This Cloverfield sequel cost around an estimated $45M, and we hear that the Netflix deal makes the film immediately profitable.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/cloverfield-sequel-god-particle-super-bowl-trailer-netflix-streaming-release-1202276386/

If they paid over 45m for the world exclusive right, easy to see why Paramount would have said yes and I imagined convinced Bad Robots to go with it, considering how well little it would probably have done with say a small/mid 60-65m P&A world release (Life last year reached 100m with a big release and bigger cast and a 67% RT score)

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

This unique distribution plan for the next Cloverfield completely jibes with the brand’s spirit of surprise. Cloverfield pics are traditionally shrouded in secrecy with non-traditional marketing campaigns. This Cloverfield sequel cost around an estimated $45M, and we hear that the Netflix deal makes the film immediately profitable.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/cloverfield-sequel-god-particle-super-bowl-trailer-netflix-streaming-release-1202276386/

If they paid over 45m for the world exclusive right, easy to see why Paramount would have said yes and I imagined convinced Bad Robots to go with it, considering how well little it would probably have done with say a small/mid 60-65m P&A world release (Life last year reached 100m with a big release and bigger cast and a 67% RT score)

Yeah. Tbh, I'd take the deal from 45,000,001 up.  10CL opened to 24M and had a 3x multiplier. I don't see this making more than 50M.

12 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Yeah. Tbh, I'd take the deal from 45,000,001 up.  10CL opened to 24M and had a 3x multiplier. I don't see this making more than 50M.

Would it not be of hurting a very powerful producing company, producer, probably would have took 35/40M and took the lost to be honest, the previous one did everything perfectly (raved reception, brilliant marketing) to make it's 110m happen.

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Would it not be of hurting a very powerful producing company, producer, probably would have took 35/40M and took the lost to be honest, the previous one did everything perfectly (raved reception, brilliant marketing) to make it's 110m happen.

Yeah. And that's another thing, OS would not save this. They (we) don't seem to care much for the Cloverfield brand. Although this has an international cast so maybe it's a whole different animal.

Edited by Kraken