Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've seen one movie from 2018 and it's worse than any movie i saw from 2017. goooood start.

Eh, Bright is still worse than Cloverfield Paradox, but yeah, it'd be a good runner up for me if it was released last year. This year has provided fuck all for actual new releases. The Commuter was fun but stupid, and everything else isn't/wasn't really appealing. Makes me pretty grateful Black Panther is coming out soon tbh

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Eh, Bright is still worse than Cloverfield Paradox, but yeah, it'd be a good runner up for me if it was released last year. This year has provided fuck all for actual new releases. The Commuter was fun but stupid, and everything else isn't/wasn't really appealing. Makes me pretty grateful Black Panther is coming out soon tbh

say what you want about the tenets of BRIGHT dude at least it's an ethos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

Complete brain fart: for some reason I thought you were @Poe Blankeron. :rofl: 

Blanks also liked the film lmao

19 hours ago, Poe Blankeron said:

I actually really liked Cloverfield Paradox lol. It has problems and is unpolished, but honestly, if it had gotten a theatrical release, I would've probably seen it twice in theaters

(I do think it has a noticeable "DON'T WATCH THIS ON A SMALL SCREEN" problem that Netflix-grown productions avoid usually.)

• Like 1

I actually thought Cloverfield Paradox was a little bit worse than Bright.

I just hope that between those two movies, the "direct-to-Netflix" label doesn't end up taking on the same stigma as DTV. Their prestige stuff - like Mudbound or Beasts of No Nation - is awesome and needs to catch as many eyeballs as possible.

Edited by Webslinger

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

cloverfield paradox wouldn't have worked as well on the big screen. a key element of it for me was that it took me three hours to finish because i kept pausing it to do other stuff.

I agree. I imagine I would’ve been less forgiving of some of the films problems if I weren’t on my iPad for some of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I actually thought Cloverfield Paradox was a little bit worse than Bright.

I just hope that between those two movies, the "direct-to-Netflix" label doesn't end up taking on the same stigma as DTV. Their prestige stuff - like Mudbound or Beasts of No Nation - is awesome and needs to catch as many eyeballs as possible.

The movies people are actually watching on Netflix seem to be the Hollywood blockbuster like ones they are doing. They didn’t even acquire anything at Sundance this year.