Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

My deepest apologies that I don’t get excited for only the new superhero movies that come out and tend to actually get excited by stuff that genuinely interests me. 

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

lol yeah keep being condescending to me because I get excited for films you don’t

lol I rarely get genuinely excited for superhero movies these days. I've gotten into more real world based stuff as I've gotten older. Chill, boy.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, filmlover said:

lol I rarely get genuinely excited for superhero movies these days. I've gotten into more real world based stuff as I've gotten older. Chill, boy.

Ok?  Way to ignore the point I was making. Stop being a dick just because I think something looks good that you might think doesn’t

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ok?  Way to ignore the point I was making. Stop being a dick just because I think something looks good that you might think doesn’t

There is thinking something looks good and then berating everyone who thinks it doesn't. There's also going way overboard with predictions for movies you think look good and then condescending towards people who think they won't do well. You did it with Valerian and by the looks of it The Mortal Whatevers will get that treatment as well.

You can think something looks good without trying to foist your opinion on others basically.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

There is thinking something looks good and then berating everyone who thinks it doesn't. There's also going way overboard with predictions for movies you think look good and then condescending towards people who think they won't do well. You did it with Valerian and by the looks of it The Mortal Whatevers will get that treatment as well.

You can think something looks good without trying to foist your opinion on others basically.

You said it better than I was about to. TOG, you really need to relax, man.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

In this instance, where was I forcing my opinions on others?  Do I sometimes go overboard?  I’ll admit, yes, but 99% of time I’m trying to be tongue in cheek about it and make it clear I’m not being serious.  That Valerian over 200M club wasn’t my actual prediction, it was a club that I started for fun because I thought it’d be neat if it did somehow get to that mark.  My actual prediction was about 115M or so.  And I don’t condescend towards people, or at least I don’t try to, if they don’t agree with me.  More often than not, it’s the other way around.

11 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Speaking of TV shows, @aabattery, THE EXPANSE has a Samoan/Aborigine New Zealander in a major role. Definite fan favorite. 

That revelation is so last year. 

She was in New Zealand’s favourite soap, Shortland Street. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

We are? 

On a Jay Z scale, yes. Still trying to wrap my head around that amount. The server was also tipped $11k. She should take the rest of the week off.

Edited by Jandrew

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm most excited for when we do the 1998 one. Lots of great movies for the younglings to catch up on.

I'd actually say that's in the running for the weakest movie year since the '80s, though there are still some gems to be found.