Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

netflix/amazon becoming less concerned with festival acquisitions and just want to focus on making more brights i think.

Along with picking up trash that major studios are too embarrassed to release in theaters (Colverfield Paradox, Extinction), I guess.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of which, it's kinda amazing how much of a no1curr Sundance turned out to be this year. Lots of stuff was well-reviewed but there wasn't a The Big Sick or a Call Me by Your Name or a Mudbound in the bunch. Hopefully the fall festivals provide some surprises for awards season that no one sees coming.

Nothing as big and undeniable I suppose, but I'm more interested in Hereditary than I ever was in Big Sick and Mudbound, and Madeline's Madeline got some really passionate raves as an Upstream Color-esque esoteric experimental thing. But bring on more heavy-hitters for sure. 

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of which, it's kinda amazing how much of a no1curr Sundance turned out to be this year. Lots of stuff was well-reviewed but there wasn't a The Big Sick or a Call Me by Your Name or a Mudbound in the bunch. Hopefully the fall festivals provide some surprises for awards season that no one sees coming.

Sorry to Bother You sounds super interesting, even though it'll probably only make about $2M at most in the box office. At the very least, having Terry Crews guarantees it will at least be entertaining.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Sorry to Bother You sounds super interesting, even though it'll probably only make about $2M at most in the box office. At the very least, having Terry Crews guarantees it will at least be entertaining.

oh yeah that sounds great. only sundance premiere this year that really piqued my interest.

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

This sounds like the best movie ever.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Picking up the Dick Cheney movie from Paramount will help them out big time.

Hopefully they will have learned how to market a movie in time. Their attempts at turning Detroit into The Movie of Our Time were the definition of "try-hard."

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Now we just need to see if Annapurna can get themselves into shape after a rocky start.

aren't they the most likely choice to be distributing the next bond at this point? give it a big "daniel craig's last one" push it could probably make a billy.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

aren't they the most likely choice to be distributing the next bond at this point? give it a big "daniel craig's last one" push it could probably make a billy.

They're only getting the domestic rights; international is going to someone else or staying with Sony

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

They're only getting the domestic rights; international is going to someone else or staying with Sony

Not sure MGM will distribute domestic with them on that one, it will depend of who and what they want to do OS, if that distributor want a worldwide platform I doubt they will reject it just to distribute domestic, the fact that Bond was not immediately part of MGM return to domestic distribution seem to indicate they are contractually free and open to suggestion.

You probably won't get this if you haven't followed latest Jlaw drama but this is great :

23 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

AV_COMPLETE_Bluray_2D-DMUB-720x840.jpg

AV_COMPLETE_Bluray_3DOslv-DMUB-720x843.j

:ohmygod::ohmygod: 

I just might get a Blu-Ray just to get these covers.

Ugh, I need these. I have the DVDs...I think...either way, I'm in the middle of a rewatch/recap and I'd love to watch these on TV instead of a fan-remastered version I got from reddit.