Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Has anyone here tried those "2D glasses" for "Real 3D" Regal movies that are sold on the net to turn things back into a 2D experience?  The movie complex about a mile and a half from my house is opening up in a couple of weeks, and I just KNOW that they're going to push 3D movies as much as they can, if they're like the other Regal theaters in town.

Was thinking about popping for one or two of them if I start going to that theater and the best times available to me are in that 3D format that I'd really rather not watch.  But before I do, I wanted to hear if anyone here has used them and how good they actually are.

If there's a better thread to ask this in, please point me in the direction, thanks. :)

Edited by Porthos

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

yeah that's... a bit much I think? you got some unresolved issues with young irresponsible single mothers?

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

lol how did I miss this wtf

1 hour ago, Telehilation said:

Wait what

:lol: 

I mean, she's messed up for sure, but she's basically just an overgrown child to begin with. Completely immature on every level, but capable of a lot of love too.

Basically speaking, that's why Mrs. Tele hasn't watched it yet. These people are basically her clients everyday.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

on my phone and on the move so i can't properly roast you for this one but this post is me reserving it i'll edit it in later.

lol I was half-joking there. Of course she's not the biggest piece of shit human being in the world. But she was clearly a very unstable person (evidenced by how she beat the ever-loving shit out of the mother of Moonee's friend - and in front of said friend, no less - for not giving her money) unfit to take care of a child, even if she was capable of showing humanity from time to time (which I actually thought was one of the highlights of the movie).

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol I was half-joking there. Of course she's not the biggest piece of shit human being in the world. But she was clearly a very unstable person (evidenced by how she beat the ever-loving shit out of the mother of Moonee's friend - and in front of said friend, no less - for not giving her money) unfit to take care of a child, even if she was capable of showing humanity from time to time (which I actually thought was one of the highlights of the movie).

I'll spoiler-tag just for those who haven't seen it yet.

Well, yes, I think that's one of the strengths of the ending: the social services people aren't making a bad decision. She's not a fit mother. The general tragedy is that while Moonee will likely be "safer" with a foster family, no question she's losing love and a key aspect of her life to date. Likely she'll have a long struggle to overcome that personal trauma... at best.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

I'll spoiler-tag just for those who haven't seen it yet.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That's why I thought that last scene (Moonee and the friend running off to the Magic Kingdom) that a lot of people take issue with worked so well: it gives her a happy ending and offers a glimmer of hope, even if it's taking place entirely inside her imagination.

• Like 1