Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

I forgot how great the "Suitcase" episode of Mad Men was. The feels! :ohmygod:

They never topped it imo, although I think season 5 on the whole is better than any other. But nothing beats Don and Peggy just bonding like they do here. 

When he places his hand on top of hers in the end (or is it vice versa?) that was probably my first taste of the benefits of such longterm storytelling. A simplest gesture that kills you by calling back to something from three years/seasons earlier. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

They never topped it imo, although I think season 5 on the whole is better than any other. But nothing beats Don and Peggy just bonding like they do here. 

When he places his hand on top of hers in the end (or is it vice versa?) that was probably my first taste of the benefits of such longterm storytelling. A simplest gesture that kills you by calling back to something from three years/seasons earlier. 

The Don/Peggy relationship is one of the most well-rounded in television history. The acting and writing in this episode are fucking brilliant. 

Also, Don using every excuse in the book to try to keep Peggy there is great too. Tells you how much he was really not wanting to deal with Anna's death. 

Edited by MrGamer

Non-Annihilation hot take of the evening: Geostorm was not worthy of a 13% RT. I really dug it a bit. The Orlando stuff was lit, no pun intended. Jim Sturgess seriously needs a haircut though.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1